WBB vs Iowa (Wed 12/8 6PM ESPNU)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Question from tonight. I would swear that the Hok's #25 had 3 fouls in the first half. She got a third with a few minutes left in the first half and came out of the game. Again, I would swear that the scoreboard listed her as having 3 fouls at halftime. Then, when the second half started, my daughter noticed that the scoreboard listed her as having only 2 fouls. Once she said it, everyone around us remembered her getting her third in the first half.

Anybody have an clarification? Perhaps what we thought was a third foul in the first half was really on someone else and they just took her out for another reason. But I swear the scoreboard said 3 fouls.

It is a big deal because she finished the game with 4 fouls and would have fouled out early in the 4th quarter if she started the second half with 3 fouls.

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
Question from tonight. I would swear that the Hok's #25 had 3 fouls in the first half. She got a third with a few minutes left in the first half and came out of the game. Again, I would swear that the scoreboard listed her as having 3 fouls at halftime. Then, when the second half started, my daughter noticed that the scoreboard listed her as having only 2 fouls. Once she said it, everyone around us remembered her getting her third in the first half.

Anybody have an clarification? Perhaps what we thought was a third foul in the first half was really on someone else and they just took her out for another reason. But I swear the scoreboard said 3 fouls.

It is a big deal because she finished the game with 4 fouls and would have fouled out early in the 4th quarter if she started the second half with 3 fouls.
One of Kate Martin's two fouls in the first half was incorrectly attributed to Monika Czinano. Heading into halftime, the boxscore said Czinano had 3 fouls and Martin had 1, but during halftime it was corrected to 2 and 2.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Who are the other top teams in our conference besides us now that fancy pants is gone?

Actually it's still Baylor and Texas. Texas hired Vic from Miss St(?) he's a hell of a coach. If we are going to get a outright season title this is our yr.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
One of Kate Martin's two fouls in the first half was incorrectly attributed to Monika Czinano. Heading into halftime, the boxscore said Czinano had 3 fouls and Martin had 1, but during halftime it was corrected to 2 and 2.

Thanks. Our section got very riled up about it because we didn't have any explanation.

Was that a concession to Frau Bluder? Seriously, was it a proper correction? I seem to recall Czinano actually committing that third foul in the first half.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Thanks. Our section got very riled up about it because we didn't have any explanation.

Was that a concession to Frau Bluder? Seriously, was it a proper correction? I seem to recall Czinano actually committing that third foul in the first half.

It was corrected right away after they issued the third foul but the stats guys did not get it correct till halftime. I think it was correct.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

She GOT her 3rd foul, the dumb *ss refs believed Bluder and 44 and changed the foul to her with out reviewing it. The foul was on Cirzano(Spelling), but the hawks got it changed to keep her in the game. That was even worse than Clark slipping and us getting called for a foul though I think we got by with a trip in the 1st half. I was surprised we matched there physicality so well, that was my concern going into the game.

Reactions: Blandboy

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
ESPNU is rebroadcasting the game at 1:00 a.m. Friday morning, if anyone wants to DVR it and didn't get a chance to tonight.

Reactions: 2122

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Late in the game, Emily was surrounded and ISU called time. BF looked furious with Emily. The Hawks no doubt wanted a jump ball. It was reminiscent of the trap by A&M last year. I don’t know how that trap happens without fouling and what the offensive player is supposed to do.

The offensive player is supposed to anticipate the jump trap with less than 2 minutes in the game and the lead. And a point guard doesn't respond to it by picking up their dribble 5' over mid court.

BF was furious and he had a right to be

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron