We get a mulligan!

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009
This is a redo of epic proportions. This is “one stroke up with one hole to play, hit it in the water but get to reload and try again without penalty” type stuff.

The last time GameDay came to town and we let the rest of the country in on our state’s rivalry, ISU showed out in every possible way besides on the scoreboard. The energy was there, the turn out was incredible and the university/state showed really well on camera. Then we lost. That was it, we let our big moment slip through our fingers.

But here we are, two years later! This time, we know the energy will be there, we know the fans will show up, we know the facilities look the best they ever have. Now our boys get to tee it high and let it fly down the middle and get that W. This game means more than the last one. It actually has national implications and it is our chance to dispel the “it’s your Super Bowl” narrative. Because what team or fan base enters a top ten matchup not caring?!

Come on boys! It’s your time to shine, under the brightest of lights! GO STATE!!!!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is a redo of epic proportions. This is “one stroke up with one hole to play, hit it in the water but get to reload and try again without penalty” type stuff.

The last time GameDay came to town and we let the rest of the country in on our state’s rivalry, ISU showed out in every possible way besides on the scoreboard. The energy was there, the turn out was incredible and the university/state showed really well on camera. Then we lost. That was it, we let our big moment slip through our fingers.

But here we are, two years later! This time, we know the energy will be there, we know the fans will show up, we know the facilities look the best they ever have. Now our boys get to tee it high and let it fly down the middle and get that W. This game means more than the last one. It actually has national implications and it is our chance to dispel the “it’s your Super Bowl” narrative. Because what team or fan base enters a top ten matchup not caring?!

Come on boys! It’s your time to shine, under the brightest of lights! GO STATE!!!!

Nice post and all, but I hate to break it to you…. most of the country will watch Gameday, but not that many will watch the game or care who wins it?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nice post and all, but I hate to break it to you…. most of the country will watch Gameday, but not that many will watch the game or care who wins it?
I actually think it’ll get pretty good ratings since both teams are top 10. Not going to blow anything out of the water or set records, but it’ll be pretty good.

Reactions: ILikeBacon

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

This will be on ABC, which almost always pulls some of the highest ratings.

There are only a couple top 25 vs top 25 matchups that day (much less top 10), making this one of the most interesting matchups of the day. Hell, there aren't even all that many P5 vs P5 games. Ohio State-Oregon is probably the only real competition, but they don't overlap timeslots.

And our game is on in the middle of the afternoon.

I'd expect this to be very well viewed. If you're a college football fan, this is one of 2-3 must-watch games for the weekend.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
CW and Brent were saying on the pod that hosting Gameday increases the odds people will tune in to your game.

Can’t remember where they fit that from, but I believe it.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Two years ago this game was on FS1 and not even I had heard of the announcers.

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009

That may well be true. But every CFB fan and especially every prospective recruit will at very least see the final score. It’s the exclamation point to the rest of the show (which we already know we’ll absolutely kill that part of it). Put the exclamation point at the end this time!

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Iowa will drag us into their game again. 16-13 win for the team that doesn’t screw something up.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Im.with ya.....let's put this streak to bed and make it a propellent to a great Big 12 championship season.

My gut says they put the Hawk head on at the end....but I'm on with that if we win. :)

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Iowa will drag us into their game again. 16-13 win for the team that doesn’t screw something up.
Yeah......which adds to the "if only" feeling if we lose...think back to the Jake Knott INT, Better FG win....close margins.

I would love a couple of big plays going our way/Iowa mess ups to have a comfortable win vs a nail biter/"if only" type of game

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009
Yeah......which adds to the "if only" feeling if we lose...think back to the Jake Knott INT, Better FG win....close margins.

I would love a couple of big plays going our way/Iowa mess ups to have a comfortable win vs a nail biter/"if only" type of game

Yes! I’ll take it any way I can get it but a convincing/comfortable win would be much preferred!

Reactions: Dormeezy and CapnCy

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

I'll take that bet. Only competition really is the A&M vs Colorado game on Fox at 2:30..

This game will draw very well IMO.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

This isn’t true. Gameday usually gets 2-3 million viewers per week. Prime time matchups between ranked teams on network TV tend to get 3-5 million viewers.

Reactions: tigerclone924

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron