We Will Collective contributor numbers

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
No putting it back. Unabashed capitalism from the very entities that tell us this is wrong. I see two avenues for a correction: Congress gets involved, which is unlikely and when a school like Harvard, et al, truly buys a football or basketball title.
NO different than those "elite" colleges disguising themselves as institutions of learning, when in reality they are just asset managers and hedge funds with their foundation's

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
NO different than those "elite" colleges disguising themselves as institutions of learning, when in reality they are just asset managers and hedge funds with their foundation's
Totally agree. They take billions from our government and then tell the world how to live. They won't even help the neighborhoods around their universities. Their foundations might be the biggest tax scam ever. Total hypocrites.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Donate or not, I won’t judge you at all either way.

But taking a stand against NIL morally is cutting off your nose to spite your face
Not only that, but taking a stand against the Cyclone NIL fund on CYCLONE FANATIC DOT COM. Still baffles me how folks can be this negative and miserable and still log on to Cyclone FANATIC just to piss in everyone's Cheerios.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Not only that, but taking a stand against the Cyclone NIL fund on CYCLONE FANATIC DOT COM. Still baffles me how folks can be this negative and miserable and still log on to Cyclone FANATIC just to piss in everyone's Cheerios.
It is a fascinating study of human nature. Really bizarre.

Reactions: State2015

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I think at this point we pretty much understand that a group of posters (5-10) really only get enjoyment when the Cyclones struggle and they can vent and complain. I'm sure it likely stems from their own issues in their life. People can be upset about fans having to "pick up the bill" for NIL but other fanbases are doing it. If Iowa State fans stop giving it only puts us further and further behind the 8-ball. And as others have pointed out, it's a bit ironic that the Anti-NIL man is the same person that started the "rot thread."

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
We are right under 1,000 so could use a big push before the portal opens up in 3 weeks. Sneak peek: all the dollars raised from now until the end of the year will be matched by a few donors up to $300,000 so feel free and get a head start! Will make an announcement during the Texas game.
Donated. Let’s get this done cyclones!

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
@brentblum how far away are we from an athletic department leasing their football or basketball stadium to a collective? Or would that be totally against the rules? Seems like a logically next step. Schools gets their revenue stream and the collective gets to control ticket prices and concessions.

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: cyputz and nrg4isu

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
@brentblum how far away are we from an athletic department leasing their football or basketball stadium to a collective? Or would that be totally against the rules? Seems like a logically next step. Schools gets their revenue stream and the collective gets to control ticket prices and concessions.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but non-Olympic college sports are basically minor leagues with University name and branding. No different than a hotel operator paying to use the Holiday Inn name.

• Agree
Reactions: boone7247

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
@brentblum have the Gerdins ever donated to ISU Athletics?

Obviously have a business school building named for them but not sure if they give/gave to ISU athletics? They have an athletics building at Iowa iirc.

Freight recession we're currently in may impact their ability to give.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Spitballing ideas here but it's too bad we don't play @ Cincinnati in hoops on a Saturday. With Indianapolis so close, it would be a perfect opportunity to catch a Pacers game and perhaps some sort of meet and greet NIL fundraiser with Tyrese. Something like that in the future with Tyrese and/or Georges would have great potential. Doesn't even necessarily have to matchup with the current ISU teams basketball schedule. Would be a fun opportunity on its own.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron