Downtown Minneapolis
Three Floyds
three-floyds

Shark-Pants.jpg

Three-Floyds-In-The-Name-Of-Suffering-690x493.jpg

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
I find more that it just doesn't taste like much at all, as opposed to being offensive.

After something like an IPA, Busch Light has a taste reminiscent of the inside of an old rubber boot. I think offensive is the proper word for it.

I don't have any problem with it if that's all I've had, but having one after something good...

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
I had a Jalapeno IPA in Baltimore 2 summers ago from Jailbreak Brewing and it was outstanding. One of my highest rated beers on Untappd out of 233. Didn't have any spice to it, just a smooth hint of jalapeno in an IPA.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
The brown note from Louisville brewing company on the can a guy is taking a duke

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Our local lodge sorts cans and bottles and donates the proceeds to local school for trips, teaching materials, and sporting goods. The other night I came across an ale that had a baby picture( think Gerber's) on the label. It contained a double shot of chocolate, coffee, nutmeg, and oat stout. Who drinks this crap and who was dumb enough to come up with this?
You deserve a lot more crap then you are getting for ripping on the breakfast stout. It's my favorite.

As for weirdest, anything spicy. I also have yet to drink a good peanut butter stout, but I'm sure one exists out there.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Saw one recently at Hy-Vee that was so odd sounding that I took a picture of it. Omnipollo Shploing!! described on the can as "Mango S'mores: IPA brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, salt and lactose sugar with mango and vanilla added." I was intrigued but it was like $18 for a 4 pack of 12oz-ers.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
10K Brewing made a cucumber spud ale. Yes, it was weird but I at least appreciated the creativeness of it.

Alloy Brewing made a cherry limeade beer. That one was just plain weird.

I generally like the peanut butter beers. I wouldn't want more than one but one isn't too bad.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
When I was 15, I had an encounter with Hamm's Right Time Malt Liquor. There were two flavors -- a red sweet flavor and a greenish tarter flavor, like lime or something. My future BIL found it in the basement of the restaurant he cooked for. The bottles were covered in dust, so I don't know how long they'd been there, but the owner said he could have them. We sat and drank them while playing penny ante poker - warm. Yuck.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Saw one recently at Hy-Vee that was so odd sounding that I took a picture of it. Omnipollo Shploing!! described on the can as "Mango S'mores: IPA brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, salt and lactose sugar with mango and vanilla added." I was intrigued but it was like $18 for a 4 pack of 12oz-ers.

I've had it. It's better than it sounds, but I'm not a big fan of the lactose IPA trend. It can die any time.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I was at a brewery in DSM and had a beer that tasted like they had soaked a well-done steak in it. Love beer, love steak. Love them together. Something about them being in the same glass, didn't sit well. But, ya know, I drank it of course.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
...What exactly is weird about Assassin?

I've got a few:

A home brewer sent me a beer he brewed for a competition where they had to use truffles and asked me to give tasting notes.

One of my favorite beers was from Crooked Stave in Denver, Wild Wild Brett Violet. A wild ale with lavender, pomegranate, and passion fruits.

I'm guessing he was more interested in bragging about finding Assassin and KBS, and less interested in talking about weird beers he's had. Calls it "not TOO bad" lol.
I've never been into bretts but that lavender pom sounds wild. Not brett-related, but I had Surly's mosaic kettle sour last week on tap and it blew my mind.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
New Belgium - Atomic Pumpkin....did not notice the jalapeno kick at the end...yuck.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I'm guessing he was more interested in bragging about finding Assassin and KBS, and less interested in talking about weird beers he's had. Calls it "not TOO bad" lol.
I've never been into bretts but that lavender pom sounds wild. Not brett-related, but I had Surly's mosaic kettle sour last week on tap and it blew my mind.
They do some fun taproom only stuff up there.