Well Eastern Iowa TV screws me again

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I was really looking forward to the Texas vs KSU game on ABC tonight, but apparently I'm getting Michigan vs Connecticut. I guess this one won't even have the reverse mirror thing going on with ESPN. The Big12 needs to completely drop ABC/ESPN for the next TV contract.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I was really looking forward to the Texas vs KSU game on ABC tonight, but apparently I'm getting Michigan vs Connecticut. I guess this one won't even have the reverse mirror thing going on with ESPN. The Big12 needs to completely drop ABC/ESPN for the next TV contract.

Yep, me too. I was looking forward to the Texas-KSU game as well. But of course we get Michigan-UConn. Unreal.

And of course, I get about 10 ESPN channels and none of them even have the Texas-KSU game either.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

You want the Big 12 to drop their cash cow because KCRG, a TV station just 20 minutes north of a Big 10 school, chose a Michigan game over a Big 12 Conference game?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
You want the Big 12 to drop their cash cow because KCRG, a TV station just 20 minutes north of a Big 10 school, chose a Michigan game over a Big 12 Conference game?

No. I want the big12 to get a contract that gives the conference national exposure. With the lineup of games on today, there is no reason the Texas / KSU game isn't on national TV. Instead that game has to share the spotlight with Mich vs a winless UCONN team.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
No. I want the big12 to get a contract that gives the conference national exposure. With the lineup of games on today, there is no reason the Texas / KSU game isn't on national TV. Instead that game has to share the spotlight with Mich vs a winless UCONN team.

Man. I bet that Texas-KSU game would be an instant classic.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think ESPN dropped Texas down to ESPN3 everywhere because the game was less attractive. Both my cable listing and the paper this morning had Texas as the game but it was Michigan when gametime came. Think they just picked the better game.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I think ESPN dropped Texas down to ESPN3 everywhere because the game was less attractive. Both my cable listing and the paper this morning had Texas as the game but it was Michigan when gametime came. Think they just picked the better game.

All of Minnesota was scheduled to get Michigan/UConn on ABC, according to ESPN's coverage maps.

Even KCAU (Sioux City) got the Michigan game, because NW Iowa is obviously B1G territory.

MrApathy

Aug 7, 2006
I am in CR, I watched the game on kcrg 9.2 which is 109 on cable box.
Sure it would have been nice to see it on ABC instead of an alternate channel but it TU vs KSU was on
and it was listed on the cable box guide using the search function->sports->football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron