Well, it's finally over

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I mean, these days all of social media is algorithm based so it’s pretty easy to weed out what you want to see vs. what you don’t want to see. There aren’t 6 channels on tv anymore so if she is popping up on the local news then turn it off or don’t turn it on. Very easy to get news without it being the 5:00. It’s hard to get away from it I guess if your friends/family/colleagues keep bringing it up.

I always think of the Don Draper quote “if you don’t like what’s being said, change the conversation”
Thanks Don, but did you watch any college basketball this season?

She was plastered on our screen for 5 months. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but there is no way you could avoid her if you watched any mens or womens games.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Thanks Don, but did you watch any college basketball this season?

She was plastered on our screen for 5 months. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but there is no way you could avoid her if you watched any mens or womens games.
Thanks Garlic, yes nearly every night, and probably the same games you were watching. Outside of a few promos and maybe a mention here or there nothing that noticeable or anything that annoyed me. It’s 2024 there are so many different ways to consume, change, or dictate what you are seeing and hearing. Same with politics, religion, celebrity gossip, or whatever grinds the persons gears.

• Dislike
Reactions: WartburgClone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Had Miller & Condon on during a 10 min drive at lunch and they warned the haters that this won't be the end. They said get ready to see/hear about her even more now that she's part of the "NBA machine". They said she's done playing for our rival so we might as well hop on board...

I disagree that we'll see/hear more about her. Other than the local media who will still maintain boners and try to keep her relevant, I'm confident the amount of coverage will decrease (especially after a year or so). And as that coverage dies down, I think any 'hate' will also.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I wish folks would get rid of the "hater" narrative. Just because I'm not inclined to root for her or worship her does not make me a hater.

I don't recall demanding that everyone root for Brock Purdy in the super bowl this year because "it's good for the state" and "they're haters if they don't."

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wish folks would get rid of the "hater" narrative. Just because I'm not inclined to root for her or worship her does not make me a hater.

I don't recall demanding that everyone root for Brock Purdy in the super bowl this year because "it's good for the state" and "they're haters if they don't."
They have an excuse for that...he's not "from" the state of Iowa.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

And honestly I thought she was fun to watch despite not caring for her attitude. That doesn’t mean I wanted Iowa to win a championship; I still care more about Iowa State WBB doing well and being healthy - Iowa WBB winning a natty would’ve had a direct impact on that.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

That doesn't happen because, for all it's faults, the ISU fan base doesn't have the weird impulse to believe, or impress upon others, that they represent everything that's important in college sports regardless of achievement.

somethings-wrong-with-you-man-michael-che.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Every Hawk fan I know was enthusiastically rooting against Purdy in the Super Bowl…. and I don’t blame them one bit.

That’s why I’m not sure why they are so upset about ISU fans not cheering for CC? I guess their fragile egos?

Reactions: MJ29 and aauummm

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks Garlic, yes nearly every night, and probably the same games you were watching. Outside of a few promos and maybe a mention here or there nothing that noticeable or anything that annoyed me. It’s 2024 there are so many different ways to consume, change, or dictate what you are seeing and hearing. Same with politics, religion, celebrity gossip, or whatever grinds the persons gears.
Who said annoyed? The post being referenced said he found it hard to believe that anyone could not hear about CC.

Yes, there are many ways to dictate what you're seeing or hearing. But as a college basketball fan from the state of Iowa, it was impossible not to see the CC discourse on social media. No amount of strategic clicking was going to stop that from popping up in someone's feed. It was impossible to not see a State Farm commercial or any other of her handful of ads that were in regular rotation. There was usually a reference to her during Iowa State women's games.