Well, it's finally over

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Why do you guys hate the state you either live in or grew up in so much? It's really disturbing behavior.

I agree with the other poster, really terrible look for this fanbase. I didn't realize people get so triggered over women's basketball.

Hate the state? Fuc% off. We just hate the Hawks and having Clark and women's basketball shoved down our throats 24/7 from Iowa media. It's annoying. Clark's behavior is annoying and Iowa fans are extremely annoying.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You and I see eye to eye on alot of things and I respect your posts a ton, but this just isn't something I'm going to fall in line with. I agree with those couple of other posters who think this is a bad look for our fanbse. That's the last thing I'll say about it.
Completely understand. I don't hold grudges and have enjoyed many of your posts over time. It's ok to disagree.

• Friendly
Reactions: jcyclonee and JP4CY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why do you guys hate the state you either live in or grew up in so much? It's really disturbing behavior.

I agree with the other poster, really terrible look for this fanbase. I didn't realize people get so triggered over women's basketball.

Yeah it's kind of weird...

How do you come to the conclusion that people hate the state?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and jdubs

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Why did Hayden Fry do what he did? He made it popular for Hawkeye fans to hate ISU and did whatever he could at every turn to demean Iowa State. Why did he hate the State of Iowa, Hok? Why did Marvin Pomerantz nearly succeed in dismantling Iowa State because it rivaled his favorite school? Why did they steal WOI? Listen, ******, after generations of ******* systematic persecution of Iowa State at the hands of you and yours, you don't get to ask questions like this. Shut your dirty Hok mouth!

You're lucky you are tolerated at all here.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Every racist in the country was rooting for Iowa against SC (just like they were LSU) because it was “black against white”.

Is that Iowas fault? No. But there are some in their fan base that are racist as f**k.

And credit to some of their fans, even they realize it's making them look bad.

FFzzjoj.png

of course, someone follows up that post with this

NIBmFSR.png

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
Every racist in the country was rooting for Iowa against SC (just like they were LSU) because it was “black against white”.

Is that Iowas fault? No. But there are some in their fan base that are racist as f**k.
Does this go both ways for those rooting for SC? I mean, when does this end? Blanket statements like above are flat wrong and are part of the problem.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If you don't think that is racism, you probably need to take a look at yourself.

Obviously Iowa is not alone in having some racist fans. We have them as well. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out.

What is racist about those posts? They don't like Staley?

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I have never heard an ISU fan say something bad about Murray twins. Worst would have been stupid criticism from some of our fans for signing them.

On the flip side look at Hawkeye rage against ridiculous nice guy Purdy in the nfl. Anybody who thinks Iowa fans would’ve loved C Clark in a Cyclone jersey is smoking crack.
This is one of the best posts on these boards when it comes to this. Hawk fans were relentless against Purdy, who is genuinely one of the nicest and classiest guys in any sport. But they sure as hell weren’t on the whole “good for the state crap”.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What is racist about those posts? They don't like Staley?

What would make anyone think that a successful coach who has won 3 national championships was uneducated? No one is accusing Bluder of being uneducated or Fennelly or TJ. What's the difference?

Reactions: isufbcurt

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Says the individual triggered by how a fan base is reacting to a rival team….Pot, meet Kettle, then gtfo of here

Reactions: NATEizKING

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What would make anyone think that a successful coach who has won 3 national championships was uneducated? No one is accusing Bluder of being uneducated or Fennelly or TJ. What's the difference?

I agree. Like I said, I didn't see that post the first time I looked at it.