What are they building?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The last time I went into the Ark I watched the employees take rats/mice out of a cart, hold them by the tail, and whack them on the floor to "stun/kill" them before they put them in with the snakes. I realize they are going to die, but there has to be a better way than that. Didn't seem to bother them that the store was full of customers watching them in amazement.

The Ark has always just left a sour taste in my mouth.

??? You didn't eat the rats, did you?

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Sports store is much needed.
Man.....Too bad they couldn't have put Kohls, JC Penny, Younkers, Sears, Best Buy, Petsmart, Sports Authority etc etc. into its only shopping mecca or mall setting. But that wouldn't be smart growth now would it?

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Speaking of Sports Authority, I see Seneca Wallace is going to be at their West Des Moines store this Saturday from 1-2:30 for their "Grand Reopening" (they have been doing some remodeling).

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Brekke's on 30 east of town is my favorite pet/farm feed supply store in the area. High quality, reasonable prices, and great people!

This. We get most our pet supplies from Brekke's. You get the same dog food at PetSmart in Ankeny for $10 more then you can at Brekkes.