Info: What browser are the fanatics using these days?

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Chrome is overrated(note I did not say its bad), find Firefox to be more stable.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I prefer Safari to Chrome on the iPhone but probably just because I'm used to it, they're basically the same.

Every time I try Chrome on my iPhone I ditch it because it runs much slower than the native Safari app

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Chrome is overrated(note I did not say its bad), find Firefox to be more stable.

Chrome will have issues on a case by case. It varies by machine. Much like everything google produces. I use chrome on my home machines and my desktop at work with no issue. However on my work laptop it freezes on scroll, no matter what I try and I have reloaded the machine several times.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
A lotta hate on here for IE, and I think a lot that hate is because it's hip to rip on it or because there are a lot of Microsoft haters. Don't get me wrong, 6 & 7 were terrible but it has made significant strides in 8, 9 and 10. Of the big three, Firefox is the one I can no longer tolerate and I wouldn't use anything but FF for years. Chrome is nice too but not without issues and some other big brother concerns.

I primarily use Chrome but use IE nearly as much...and not because I have to. They've simply made it a better browser. Development on newer versions of IE is not the pain it used to be and is even doing some things better now.

IE ain't what is used to be.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I want to see an IE version breakdown. If anyone is still using 6, they should be banned from the internet.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Wow, that level of control just sounds insane to me.

As I'm typing this, I realize this isn't helping convince others that I have a job . . .

My company blocks access to the internet. I don't like it, but I understand. While at work, you are supposed to be working, not screwing around on the internet. I don't get why so many other companies allow access to all you slackers.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I know that a lot of you guys are interested in stuff like this........

Stats are from the last calendar year. And the most popular browser used on CF is........

Internet Explorer as 27.99 percent of you are using it.

2) Safari at 23.71 percent

3) Chrome at 22.35 percent

4) Firefox at 14.96 percent

5) Android browser at 7.01 percent

Firefox here. Before that, Netscape Navigator and then Netscape Communicator. Never Internet Explorer.

TheFan

May 7, 2013
My company blocks access to the internet. I don't like it, but I understand. While at work, you are supposed to be working, not screwing around on the internet. I don't get why so many other companies allow access to all you slackers.

I couldn't do my job without internet access.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Firefox It is the default browser on Ubuntu which I use at home. At work, my company programs are owned by Microsoft so only IE will work.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

A. I need internet access for my job. I actually have to use three different browsers because certain applications only run in archaic IE, while others only run in Firefox or Chrome. And yes, I've tried to have IT fix that for me.

B. It's been shown that allowing employees access to internet and the ability to do non-work browsing actually makes them more productive.

oh yeah, Chrome at work and Chrome at home. I've used IE, Slimbrowser, and Firefox previously and Chrome wins so far.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
B. It's been shown that allowing employees access to internet and the ability to do non-work browsing actually makes them more productive.

Because you have to work twice as hard to make up for lost productivity?