What class did you hate the most in college?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's not that its hard, and its actually 103 now, but its just a pain in the *** to listen to a online lecture, and then do basically three homework assignments especially when you procrastinate until sunday to do it. :biglaugh:

Why the hell did you listen to the lecture? Turn on the slide notes and the answers are right there!

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
It's not that its hard, and its actually 103 now, but its just a pain in the *** to listen to a online lecture, and then do basically three homework assignments especially when you procrastinate until sunday to do it. :biglaugh:

WHAT?!? You actually listened to those things? I had the book open for the quizzes and they were easy as sin.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
CprE 310 or any other Discrete Match equivalent.

The only reason I passed is because the professor hated being to campus 8 - 9:20 more than we did and went REALLY easy on us grading wise (like my C+ was roughly 35%)

English 105 was probably the biggest joke of a class I had to take. Although Chem 167 has a special place in my heart.....good old Dr. Angelici and his experiments

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I really didn't like my intro stat class (I think it was 101). I didn't dislike it because it was hard, but because it was overbearingly easy, the lectures made me want to bash my head into the desk until I went unconscious, and the instructor took attendance. The lab was also time consuming and pointless. I would often show up with about 5-10 minutes left in the class so that I could turn in whatever paper it was she used to take attendance. I also failed to pay attention to when a test day was and skipped that day. Still got a C in the class despite getting a 0 on that test. The class also taught next to nothing, as I realized when I tried to take a higher level stat class and I had never seen some of the foundational stuff the instructor thought we should all know by that point.

I was also not a fan of an anatomy class I took over a summer. I really don't like the memorize and regurgitate style, and I think I've probably forgotten everything I had once memorized for the class.

I had Belknap for philosophy 230 as well, and thought very highly of him as an instructor. It was one of the most painful philosophy classes I took though (I majored in philosophy) because business majors were required to take it. They tended to be disproportionately stupid when it came to philosophy, and as such much class time was wasted dealing with disproportionately stupid questions and comments.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
As I sit here and stare at my Stat 326 homework, it got me to wondering what class you all dreaded the most. Before now, I'da said Stat 226. Now I'm going hands down with Stat 326.

What do you all despise?

Any of them that were at 8:00 AM

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Agronomy 114. Absolutely pointless. Not even my farmer relatives know that ****.

Really? Russell is awesome and a huge wrestling fan. You can always talk the TA into giving you the answer. That class was one of my favorites. Maybe that's just me since I'm an Agronomy major and a farm guy.

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Soc 134 with Besser. Horribly boring. I flunked because I probably went to class 3 times that semester. It was a wasted year (pun fully intended) that I am paying for now. Oh well, it was a good time.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I am torn between Geology 100 and Soc 134. Geology was supposed to be "Rocks for Jocks" but the amount of memorization required to pass the tests was way out of line for the stupid 3 credits it was worth. Got a C- and have to explain to this day why I had trouble with "Rocks for Jocks."

Soc 134 was awful in that it was taught in a huge auditorium in a building whose name I forget, by an instructor who, though middle-aged, had the largest orthodontic device known to man in her mouth, so she was not even close to being understandable. The only saving grace is that MrsPhaedrus also was in the class, and I would intentionally show up late; she'd save the seat next to her by putting her books there, and usually a cloud of young men would be surrounding her, and I would get to step over them all and plop next to her and get a kiss for my efforts.

Eliciting all sorts of nasty looks from the poor things, who up til then evidently thought they had a shot.

Reactions: CyDude16

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I am torn between Geology 100 and Soc 134. Geology was supposed to be "Rocks for Jocks" but the amount of memorization required to pass the tests was way out of line for the stupid 3 credits it was worth. Got a C- and have to explain to this day why I had trouble with "Rocks for Jocks."

Soc 134 was awful in that it was taught in a huge auditorium in a building whose name I forget, by an instructor who, though middle-aged, had the largest orthodontic device known to man in her mouth, so she was not even close to being understandable. The only saving grace is that MrsPhaedrus also was in the class, and I would intentionally show up late; she'd save the seat next to her by putting her books there, and usually a cloud of young men would be surrounding her, and I would get to step over them all and plop next to her and get a kiss for my efforts.

Eliciting all sorts of nasty looks from the poor things, who up til then evidently thought they had a shot.

I disliked Psych 230 with the huge auditorium, as well as Zoology 155.

I really disliked the way Psych 230 was broken into three segments of the semester, each one taught by a different professor. Two of them were OK, but the other was a disaster of a teacher. She talked too fast, she seemed nervous, and I'm still not convinced she knew what she was talking about.

On the plus side, I had the chance to play chess before class with a buddy I met there, so that was cool. I need to play that more often. (Apparently, knowing each of the books he carried in his briefcase made an impression.)

cyko42

Feb 7, 2007
Decatur, IL
hmmm hmmm math 165 with Gregorac or physics 266 with Art Meyers. Both thought they were smart for the material they were teaching. Gregorac was a pompous ***. But Art Meyers was a rebang. I hate professors that laugh at their own jokes cause no one else get them. Both did this. I might have to go with Comp Sci 104 at 8 am. Its changed now but when I took it, it was essentially (anyone that took an art Meyers course realizes he says that all the time) 103 for comp sci majors. You think learning about word is dumb, its ten times worse when your taking programming courses learning how to build your own **** to have to learn how to change the font in Word. And I atomatically dislike any 8 oclock course with required attendance.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Literary Theory and Criticism with condescending asshat Dr. Herndl (He got his phd before you graduated high school!) I stopped going to class for the only time in college because I couldn't get past his condescending attitude.