Which one

• NBC

• ABC/ESPN

• Fox

• CBS

Results are only viewable after voting.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
I voted Fox. I like Tirico, but can't stand Romo. The only thing worse then Romo is Collingsworth

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I voted for CBS... but they are all pretty cringe.

Is there a podcast or anything else that does announcing of the game that is entertaining and fun? I remember back when Dan Lebatard and Stugotz once did the commentary during the NCAA College Football Championship I believe it was, on like ESPN News or something.... and that was awesome! They didn't take it so damn serious like it was life and death... it's just a game.

But I must have been the only one that liked it, they never were allowed to do it again unfortunately. Now all we have is these stiffs doing games.

I liked the first ManningCast for the same reason, it was more fun, but then they just kept adding guests and now it's like the game isn't even on... they just let their guests plug whatever they are doing currently, etc.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
They've all got their warts.

NBC - Tirico is great but Chris Collinsworth has become annoying. Studio crew is good, but Jason Garrett has the personality of a cantaloupe.,
CBS - The Romo thing peaked about 2 years ago. He fumbles over his words so much and his game insights have dropped off the further he gets away from his playing days. Still love Nantz though. Studio crew could use some fresh blood but are still a good listen.
ABC/ESPN - Mostly fine. Buck and Aikman don't bother me as much anymore. Rarely watch their studio guys.
Fox - A-crew of Burkhardt and Oslen are solid, but man, I can't stand their studio guys any more. Gronk has injected some life into it, but Jimmy and Terry need to pack it in.
Prime (not listed) - Solid "studio" guys. Not a fan of Herby calling pro games.

Honestly, give me Kevin Harlan on the call with NBCs camera coverage and CBS studio minus one of Sims or Esiason (probably Sims), and throw in Gronk.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Maybe cuz I’m a fan of an NFC team but Fox has always been my favorite. Loved Buck/Aikman and really a fan of the new guys now

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
not a fan of the announcers on NBC and ESPN.

kevin burkhardt and greg olsen with fox Is my pick.

If I had to rank them
fox
cbs
nbc
espn

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Buck & Aikman have the best "big game" sound in my opinion.

Collinsworth is annoying at times but also has a good big game voice, Tirico is fine.

The Fox #1 team is really good. Burkhardt is a good pxp guy and Olsen is super knowledgeable and relays information really well. Basically what everybody thought Romo was his first few years.

Romo ******* sucks. The guy just has no feel for when to talk (always, in his mind) and when to let Nantz talk.

• Agree
Reactions: State2015 and ZRF

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I went with ABC/ESPN. Aikman does a good job and I can tolerate Buck a little more with him only doing football.

Reactions: tim_redd

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
They all have there +'s and -'s. I don't know if you tie in each's pregame shows or not, but I would put ESPN's at the bottom of the list. Reason being is I think Samantha Ponder is brain dead. Although she is married to a former NFL qb, she just doesn't bring a lot for the show. Would much rather have someone like Laura Rutledge on there. The only time you see Sam in on the show. Laura is doing NFL Live along with sideline coverage. She just seems to come across as a more knowledgable person game wise.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Probably Fox, but honestly I don't care that much. I notice the announcers a lot more in college basketball than any other sport, honestly.

I suppose that's because I'm always watch football in a group setting and am not paying attention to the announcers, and any week night hoops I'm watching by myself.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron