• NBC

• ABC/ESPN

• Fox

• CBS

Results are only viewable after voting.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Any more we have some kind of kids show going in our play room. I have almost every game on mute so it doesn't conflict with Paw Patrol or Peter Pan.

I listen to the Bears games outside when the weather is acceptable. Their halftime and post-games shows are 100% the worst ******* product put on the airwaves

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Current rankings:
Red Zone Channel - 7 Hours of commercial free football cannot be beat.
NBC - Best production by far. Makes big games feel even bigger. Collinsworth is a little cringe. Waiting all day for Sunday Night
FOX - Fantastic studio, although Terry and Jimmy are losing it a little. Gronk is not good. Best music - the injury music is elite. The FOX robot football player is iconic. Really miss Tony, Moose and Goose.
CBS - Awful studio. Nantz and Romo are okay. We need Ian Eagle to take over the primary broadcaster spot. They get bumped above ABC because they also have Kevin Harlan - the best overall in the business.
ABC/ESPN - I like Buck/Aikman a lot, and always have. They make the game sound BIG TIME even if it's a snoozer. Need to go retro with their broadcasts, helmets crashing & lightning, old school MNF song & graphics. Then we're cooking. They do too many audio mutes due to having the on-field audio turned up higher than every other channel (to mute swearing). It's disorienting.
HUGE GAP
Prime - Herbie sucks. Al sounds bored. Audio is not balanced - heavy on the announcers and quiet crowd/stadium. Solid studio. BEST picture quality of them all (HDR enabled stream).
NFL Network - Snooze fest & boring all around.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I loved Al Michaels up until the last few years but Tirico doesn't do it for me as a replacement.
I'd go:
Fox
CBS
NBC
ESPN
Amazon

I love the post game on Amazon though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
not a fan of the announcers on NBC and ESPN.

kevin burkhardt and greg olsen with fox Is my pick.

If I had to rank them
fox
cbs
nbc
espn
I am out on Olsen after he was kind of crapping all over Purdy the other night.

Give me Buck and Aikman. They are nothing special, but consistent and annoy me the least. This is coming from someone who has historically really not liked Buck. I used to think he was a hoity-toity silver spoon type of dude. Still not sure he isn't, but he has calmed down quite a bit since the whole "That is a disgusting act" Randy Moss back in the day.

• Dumb
Reactions: Urbandale2013

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
NFL pregame is my favorite studio show
I like the Olsen crew for the game
Then I like Bill Simmons for postgame podcast

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I like it when I can hear the announcers. Crowd mix is often too big if you don’t have a good sound system.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I think Joe Buck gets way too much hate. Him and Aikman are probably the best duo. No problems with FOX and NBC duos, but weirdly hate Terry McAulay cause I think he gets things wrong more than right whenever they cut to him. Nantz is probably the best play by play guy of the group, and I liked Romo his first year or two as it was a little bit different. I think he has good insights but he talks just to talk and needs to learn that he doesn’t have to give his opinion on every little thing that happens and to let the game breathe a little bit. He’s gotten incredibly annoying.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
One of the things I don't like about the CBS crew is that they'll be calling a huge play and they'll bring in Feely or Steratore for insight. And Romo kind of talks over them.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I loved Al Michaels up until the last few years but Tirico doesn't do it for me as a replacement.
I'd go:
Fox
CBS
NBC
ESPN
Amazon

I do like amazons pre/post game guys. Plus Charissa Thompson makes me pp go boing boing boing.

if your alone and in your private quarters just google nsfw charissa thompson sometime, fellas.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
These days, NFL is mostly about Fantasy Football for me. During the season I watched Red Zone w/Scott Hansen almost exclusively. It is rather painful going back to regular broadcasts with these announcers.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'd go:
Fox
CBS
NBC
ESPN
Amazon

Every time I hear Tirico, I still think I’m listening to ESPN.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Every time I hear Tirico, I still think I’m listening to ESPN.
I don't know how to describe him? Corporate?
I think he's knowledgeable and nice but to me he's just boring.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don't know how to describe him? Corporate?
I think he's knowledgeable and nice but to me he's just boring.
Part of it for me, and I’m probably way off, but it kinda feels like his broadcasting of golf and football are too similar. Nantz is a completely different person for both

Reactions: JP4CY

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I mute them all and listen to music while watching.