What Iowa State players have a chance of being drafted in the next few years?

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
With the draft concluding I was wondering what Iowa State players have a chance of being drafted in the next couple of years. Some guys that came to my mind included, Rocco Becht, Jeremiah Cooper, Myles Purchase, Abu Sama, Brendan Black, and Jayden Higgins. Are any of these guys over reactions? Is there anyone else who has a possibility of being drafted?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
With the draft concluding I was wondering what Iowa State players have a chance of being drafted in the next couple of years. Some guys that came to my mind included, Rocco Becht, Jeremiah Cooper, Myles Purchase, Abu Sama, Brendan Black, and Jayden Higgins. Are any of these guys over reactions? Is there anyone else who has a possibility of being drafted?
Brahmer, Onyedim (sp?), Freyler

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Hard to forecast. Freyler has a great track record so far. Linebacker corp could have some. Don’t see any on offense "yet."

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Brahmer has the highest ceiling on the team without a doubt.

Higgins I think could be a day 2 guy with a strong season.

Onyedim and Orange are probably next up in terms of maybe day 3 guys.

Freyler I’m afraid is a tweener, could see him, Purchase, and Bacon latching on as UDFA’s.

Noel could be a UDFA as well due to how well he should test.

I wouldn’t touch any of our OL but we certainly have some guys with pro size that’ll prolly get some rookie camp chances.

Rocco, Sama, Cooper, and Ngoyi I’d add as prospects for the future!

Last edited:

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Hard to forecast. Freyler has a great track record so far. Linebacker corp could have some. Don’t see any on offense "yet."

I would be shocked if Freyler got drafted. His style doesn’t really fit in the current way the NFL game is played.

Maybe he is a better cover safety than I’m giving him credit for but I haven’t been super impressed when he has to be in coverage.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I would be shocked if Freyler got drafted. His style doesn’t really fit in the current way the NFL game is played.

Maybe he is a better cover safety than I’m giving him credit for but I haven’t been super impressed when he has to be in coverage.
He seems like a great college player that won't have the combine numbers to get drafted. Could see him signing as an udfa and sticking in the right spot somewhere

Reactions: AllInForISU

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

If Beau is 6’2” 220 and runs a 4.47 40, some team will decide that they can coach him up.

In a similar vein…

I don’t have a crystal ball to see how much or how well Darien Porter will play this Fall. I honestly have no idea.

However, if his (at the least) pro day scales to Kene’s—or even Breece’s—at 6’4” 195, some team will take a very, very long look.

• Haha
Reactions: xboxfever

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024
Brahmer, Dom Orange, Freyler, and Bacon are the guys I see right now. I think Rocco could get there too with a couple more great seasons.

Isn’t it exciting that we have so many guys in the NFL now with possibly many more to follow? I remember a time when we hardly ever put guys in the league. Our talent level has increased drastically- now we need the wins to go with it.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Higgins should be drafted if he has a good year. He has the size, but not sure on speed.

Brahmer for sure if he continues to progress. Maybe Sama. Maybe Cooper, but he’s a little small. Maybe Orange.