What is our offense

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I’m kind of confused. Some games we seem like a power running game and some games we seem to fling it all over. Like we have no identity. We will be fine. Hopefully Brock gets back on track next game

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Disturbing trend is outgaining opponents in losses or wildly outgaining uni and going OT.

Kicking game and TOs play a part in that obviously. I'm curious though about red zone efficiency. It doesn't seem that bad but maybe it is in order to lose with more yards.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Our offense today looked like me in madden. Throw it every single play
I never understood this. Even when I played online running the ball on Madden always seemed to be easier than throwing. Especially if you ran a bunch of sweeps.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I never understood this. Even when I played online running the ball on Madden always seemed to be easier than throwing. Especially if you ran a bunch of sweeps.

they changed it in the last few maddens where it’s almost impossible to run the ball, at least that’s my experience

• Agree
Reactions: Chipper

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We’re more talented than we are effective imo.

We’ve got a lot of ability, and as such many things will work. But at times we’re directionless. That combination is how you end up with better stats than results.

Just like in the past two years, we’re not far off. But unfortunately it’ll be a few points short of a headline type year.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
We adapt to what the coaching staff thinks the game is giving us. Why be pigeonholed into one kind of offense or another.

when I see teams catching the ball and getting tackled right away it tells me that the defense is deep not allowing big plays. when they do that, you run the ball and we didn’t do that enough with what we are watching become a great back! 19 rushes isn’t enough for him. Designed qb runs work too, but there was one maybe two designed runs- mind boggling. When the defense is forced to stop the run you can attack with plays that allow YAC, but Manning didn’t allow Hall to control the game.
There is plenty of blame to around in all phases in this game- a perfect chance to move up in the standings with the results today. Just a terrible game.

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They consistently outthink themselves and are too limited on offense. They seem to gameplan about 8 plays each game. If it works like the TCU game then great. However when the defense changes they have no ability to call an audible. That and they completely forget how to RUN the ball.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
when I see teams catching the ball and getting tackled right away it tells me that the defense is deep not allowing big plays. when they do that, you run the ball and we didn’t do that enough with what we are watching become a great back! 19 rushes isn’t enough for him. Designed qb runs work too, but there was one maybe two designed runs- mind boggling. When the defense is forced to stop the run you can attack with plays that allow YAC, but Manning didn’t allow Hall to control the game.
There is plenty of blame to around in all phases in this game- a perfect chance to move up in the standings with the results today. Just a terrible game.
This right here. Coach Gundy was telling us....."we are not going to let you beat us throwing". An it's like our staff said......"oh yeah". They had 21 points in the first half on big hitters we don't usually give up....and it's like the staff panicked.