What music are you listening to right now?

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I listen to very little of the hair metal that I grew up on, but man, Cinderella really holds up. Night Songs and Long Cold Winter (and Heartbreak Station wasn't bad either) were two great albums from my teen to college years. I remember trying to sing like this guy and hurting myself.

Some of the hair metal "music" isn't bad but it's the "I just got kicked in the nads" screaming/singing I just couldn't stand. To this day I still don't understand how it became a thing (I guess everyone just started ripping off the Crue).

Too bad more 80s bands didn't use the Cult approach and just sing their asses off.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I've been listening to Sarah Jarosz. Had a student employee of mine from a few years ago at ISU sent me a heads up about her new album and how Jarosz has been a favorite of hers for years. I hadn't heard of Jarosz before, but she used to be more of a folk/Americana singer and won four Grammy awards for her efforts. But she wanted a change of scenery and sound, so she moved to Nashville from NYC and worked with some new songwriters. She has more of a 90s women-of-country feel to her now. I loved what I heard and ended up buying the album.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sarah Jarosz. A former student employee of mine at ISU sent me a heads up about her new album. I hadn't heard of her before, but she used to be more of a folk/Americana singer and won four Grammy awards for her efforts. But she wanted a change of scenery and sound, so she moved to Nashville from NYC and worked with some new songwriters. She has more of a 90s women-of-country feel to her now. I loved what I heard and ended up buying the album.

I LOVE that Jealous Moon song…. been hooked on it for a few weeks now.

Are you saying she was a student at ISU?

Reactions: Buster28

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I LOVE that Jealous Moon song…. been hooked on it for a few weeks now.

Are you saying she was a student at ISU?
Jarosz was *not* the student. I will edit that to clarify better. :p

I think Jealous Moon is my favorite, but the whole album is worth a listen. Really good.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I was listening to this album that I bought in Africa, this group was famous internationally. I will take three great songs off it.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have officially failed as a parent, my children should be taken away at this point.

Korn and Adidas had a limited run collection in the fall to celebrate Korn's 30 years of wearing custom Adidas track suits. My oldest (13) saw mine last night and said "what the hell is Korn?". Naturally I responded with - only the greatest band to ever take the stage. He's like, well it's spelled wrong.

Sigh... it's time for Children Protective Services to get involved.

1708543024352.png

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You don’t actually, like, wear that…right?
It's my concert attire. Favorite band since a couple years after they started (started in 93, fan in 95). I go to a bunch of hard rock concerts but don't like a lot of the band shirts with skulls and all that stuff so this is my "fit in" attire.