What music are you listening to right now?

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I just rediscovered Physical Graffiti

Was never my favorite Zeppelin album. Always thought of it as a collection of outtakes

Now I see it was the peak of their career.

But that also seems to make me enjoy their later work less. If that makes sense.
The albums that came out after Physical Graffiti were definitely weaker, although Achilles Last Stand is still a favorite cut of mine.

Reactions: Angie

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
For those that are into metalcore, you should know all about Polaris. Anyway, I've been on a resurgent kick with them recently (probably tied in with the recent passing of Ryan Siew who was the lead guitarist). Anyway, this is probably my favorite from them.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I listened after long last to a really famous European song, which happens to be a gypsy group, Spanish, called the Gypsy Kings. Sounds anglicized but the group doesn't have much English about them. This song was great to hear on my new vehicle sound system.

Reactions: t-noah and Angie

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Your convo hear w/ @Pitt_Clone inspired me to check out CS's most-recent from 2022 -- "Vibrating." I've missed the majority of material since "Dosage" & "Blender." Time flies.

So I've listened to a few of Collective Soul's newer albums lately and for the most part I agree with @JM4CY's assessment, but I have to say if you haven't listened their album Blood that came out in 2019 I would recommend it. It's pretty much the only one that's made me want to listen to it over and over, and it's about as close to vintage Collective Soul as you'll find in their recent albums.
Speaking of collective soul…. Woah… I found this yesterday.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
New Black Pumas single. New album out in October.

Saw that pop up on my feed yesterday but didn't listen until now. Unsurprisingly fantastic.

Might go down as one of the best shows I ever saw but I caught them at the Recordbar in KC. They had an open date while touring with St Paul and the Broken Bones (sadly that tour didn't stop through here) and played a headline show. At the time they only had 2 songs released, Fire and Black Moon Rising (Colors was being circulat d but not officially released) but played what turned out to be every song on their album. That was in Oct of 2018 and (what turned out to be) 8 months before the album dropped.

Needless to say they were awesome. Talked to them after the show and they were super humble. Told them big things were coming their way but that happened faster than I thought it would. Fast forward to 2021 and the Stubbs residency show in Austin was the first travel show I did post-Covid.

Hopefully KC doesn't get ****** out of a date on an upcoming tour. They were supposed to be here last summer but the Pumas cancelled a bunch of shows. Haven't been here since that 2018 performance and are one act in a line of many (Pumas, Khruangbin, APaak, LCD Soundsystem, etc) our ****** promoters have failed to land over the years. But that's another subject entirely.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Saw that pop up on my feed yesterday but didn't listen until now. Unsurprisingly fantastic.

Might go down as one of the best shows I ever saw but I caught them at the Recordbar in KC. They had an open date while touring with St Paul and the Broken Bones (sadly that tour didn't stop through here) and played a headline show. At the time they only had 2 songs released, Fire and Black Moon Rising (Colors was being circulat d but not officially released) but played what turned out to be every song on their album. That was in Oct of 2018 and (what turned out to be) 8 months before the album dropped.

Needless to say they were awesome. Talked to them after the show and they were super humble. Told them big things were coming their way but that happened faster than I thought it would. Fast forward to 2021 and the Stubbs residency show in Austin was the first travel show I did post-Covid.

Hopefully KC doesn't get ****** out of a date on an upcoming tour. They were supposed to be here last summer but the Pumas cancelled a bunch of shows. Haven't been here since that 2018 performance and are one act in a line of many (Pumas, Khruangbin, APaak, LCD Soundsystem, etc) our ****** promoters have failed to land over the years. But that's another subject entirely.
That's awesome! Definitely seems like they would be an amazing live show. I really want to see them

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
That's awesome! Definitely seems like they would be an amazing live show. I really want to see them

If you have the means and the inclination it's a show worth traveling for. My advice is to try to pick a venue that has good sound as it does their talent/musicianship justice. It will be interesting to see what size venues they play as they can sell out 1500-3k venues and tours are increasing sacrificing sellouts for bigger crowds.

Really hoping they tour next year and play Starlight here in KC, which has one of the best systems (inside or outside) anywhere in the country. If that happens I would highly recommend coming here, assuming you are in Iowa or the Midwest.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I am on these too, zach Bryan is different but I like the mix of expanded sound he has going so far! Super song writing talent!
I really liked the ones he collaborated with other artists . I thought those were all really good