What music are you listening to right now?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A song I’d heard before over the past several years but just recently actually paid attention to the lyrics, then had to read the backstory.

My wife lost 3 of her grandparents in the last year and now her Dad has stage 4 cancer. With that in mind this song just wrecks me. I love it but when he finishes the song with “saying boys be good,” it’s tough to keep it together.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Just watched the Tom Petty documentary "Somewhere You Feel Free: the Making of Wildflowers". I'm a huge Tom Petty fan (I probably really like more of his songs than any other artist), but I basically missed that one in real time.

At the time, I had just gotten a divorce and was at a new job working around 60 hours a week, and really had no awareness of the world going by for a 3 year period. What an album to miss! Glad I found it later in life!
Sort of similar for me. I bought the album brand new in high school. It's Good To Be King and You Don't Know How It Feels we're solid hits and I love the driving drum beats of You Wreck Me and Higher Place.

Purely by chance I popped the album in my car in 2010 right after my grandma passed away. She was a widow for 25+ years. I really heard the song Wildflowers for the first time. Not sure if it would mean as much if I'd found it any other way as it's totally connected to her. Time To Move On and Only A Broken Heart also required a little more life experience to feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Put on the Boston album today.

Rediscovering this one again....

Crazy how I jammed this in the 80s (mullet, POS car, girl on my arm) and it was already over a decade old.

Pushing 50 years old now. It is still amazing.