What music are you listening to right now?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm going to circle back to this: If you haven't listened to the new Pearl Jam album yet, you need to. It's fantastic.

• Agree
Reactions: Al_4_State

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Put on the Boston album today.

Rediscovering this one again....

Crazy how I jammed this in the 80s (mullet, POS car, girl on my arm) and it was already over a decade old.

Pushing 50 years old now. It is still amazing.
Ya probably the best recorded and produced band of all time. Their sound quality still keeps up with all the digital short cuts we have today.

• Agree
Reactions: exCYtable and 0u812

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm going to circle back to this: If you haven't listened to the new Pearl Jam album yet, you need to. It's fantastic.
Yeah. If you like their music at all, I don't see how you wouldn't like this one.

It reminds me a little of how much better the last Foo Fighter album was than I expected. But that seems still less surprising because you knew going into the first listen that Dave Grohl was back on the drums, and they had this major personal tragedy to serve as an inspiration.

Pearl Jam just completely fell back into the best versions of themselves (to quote a guy I know) organically, which is probably more impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yeah. If you like their music at all, I don't see how you wouldn't like this one.

It reminds me a little of how much better the last Foo Fighter album was than I expected. But that seems still less surprising because you knew going into the first listen that Dave Grohl was back on the drums, and they had this major personal tragedy to serve as an inspiration.

Pearl Jam just completely fell back into the best versions of themselves (to quote a guy I know) organically, which is probably more impressive.
What’s your favorite on the new Pearl Jam album? Wreckage is my current go to. That guitar at the beginning stirs something deep in my loins and takes me back to the 90s so fast, every time.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
What’s your favorite on the new Pearl Jam album? Wreckage is my current go to. That guitar at the beginning stirs something deep in my loins and takes me back to the 90s so fast, every time.
Wreckage is vintage. Reminds me of Given to Fly. Upper Hand is pretty epic. I thought Dark Matter was pretty “meh” at first, but good lord that solo rips

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Different strokes I suppose, you strike me as more of a Kid Rock's later projects kind of guy?
Nah. Dirty Heads, Hatebreed, Pantera, Neil Diamond, 80's metal, Stick Figure. I just listened to that song you posted and don't get it at all. Just seems very annoying and trying to hard to be different

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Nah. Dirty Heads, Hatebreed, Pantera, Neil Diamond, 80's metal, Stick Figure. I just listened to that song you posted and don't get it at all. Just seems very annoying and trying to hard to be different
They probably are trying to be different.

Help Support Us

Become a patron