Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Ketchup on grilled cheese

Ruffles potato chips dipped in ketchup

Cinnamon bread with cheese whiz

French fries or hush puppies dipped in tartar sauce

Shrimp pizza
I'll dip any of our potato chips in the Philly cream cheese tub. Drives the wife crazy because it leaves chip crumbs in there, especially when it's BBQ chips. Can't help it, too good.

Reactions: RLD4ISU and Angie

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
There's this old family recipe for buckwheat sausage. It's made from organ meats and buckwheat flour, so it isn't very good for you. But you'd fry up a thick slice of it in butter and serve it by mashing it up with a bunch of Karo corn syrup to sweeten it up.

Anyone else ever heard of this?

• Love
Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Fried pork brains with a couple eggs on the side and toast it’s tough to find pork brains

Reactions: scyclonekid

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Mom at Thanksgiving and Christmas would always serve spiced apple rings and 60 years later I still buy them for just those 2 meals. It always looks like they haven't sold a single jar since I was there last.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
when I was kid, my mother would often make tuna salad or egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Both were popular with my family. But sometimes she would mix them together to make an unholy chimera of a sandwich spread. And... it actually wasn't too bad. Now, I haven't had it since I was maybe 11, and I'm not going to seek it out any time soon, but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever had.

• Puke
Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There's this old family recipe for buckwheat sausage. It's made from organ meats and buckwheat flour, so it isn't very good for you. But you'd fry up a thick slice of it in butter and serve it by mashing it up with a bunch of Karo corn syrup to sweeten it up.

Anyone else ever heard of this?
Sounds like haggis.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Topics of this type veer mostly toward unusual food-combos, but one of my go-to choices is simpler: sliced, raw potato, with a lil dab of salt. Cheap, easy, tasty snack.
When I was younger, I would sprinkle salt on my plate and dip sliced raw potatoes, green onion and radishes in it.

My mom didn't use a lot of spices, but she would lean heavy into the salt. I'm amazed my blood pressure isn't still recovering.

Help Support Us

Become a patron