What strange foods do you like?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Once upon a time, for a work potluck, I made marshmallow cereal squares with crushed Flamin' hot Cheetos instead of Rice Krispies. I did it mainly for the reaction, but some people ate them. Not everyone, but some. And they weren't terrible.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
When I was younger, I would sprinkle salt on my plate and dip sliced raw potatoes, green onion and radishes in it.

My mom didn't use a lot of spices, but she would lean heavy into the salt. I'm amazed my blood pressure isn't still recovering.
My son is a distance runner and in the kind of shape where his doctor recommends putting salt on more things because his BP gets so low when at rest he can nearly blackout by standing up quickly.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I used to love this rice dessert my mom made when I was younger. Then, when I got older, I asked her for the recipe so I could share it with my wife. As I added all of the butter and sugar and whipped cream, I couldn't escape the amount of terribleness that was going into this thing without getting nauseous. I tried a bite and, even though it tasted exactly as I'd remembered, I threw it away and never made it again.

Childhood memory ruined.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Happy joes is the bomb with that pizza
635791351345346945-2K0B0153.jpg

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
My wife's aunt cooked snails as appetizer this weekend. Never had them before, but in butter with garlic they were tasty. Seemed like a better clam like meat to compare to something more common. Funny (at least to me) thing was she bought the can snail on Amazon

Reactions: mramseyISU

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My wife's aunt cooked snails as appetizer this weekend. Never had them before, but in butter with garlic they were tasty. Seemed like a better clam like meat to compare to something more common. Funny (at least to me) thing was she bought the can snail on Amazon
6f1639bd9816e42658359dc633b912680367ff2f.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My oldest kid was a picky eater.

When he was a toddler, I would toast a small tortilla and put peanut butter and strawberry preserves on it as a PBJ pizza. Make him that and you could at least coax him into some baby carrots and fresh fruit.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My wife thinks it's wild that in the summer I can eat a white bread/tomato/s&p sandwich. Sometimes with a shmear of mayo.

No meat, no cheese, and I love both, but in the summer time that sandwich hits on a 100f day.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I eat root vegetables frequently and if the checker at Fareway is under about 45, I have to identify parsnips and turnips for them. Helpful if I buy them prepackaged so they can just scan.
It's Rutabagas for me. No one seems to know what those are. I love to chop them up in my vegetable beef soup.

Reactions: JP4CY

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
What are some strange foods (or combination of food) that you like to eat that others find strange?

Here are two of mine:

1. I like to put Grape Jelly on my grilled cheese sandwich

2. At Subway, my favorite sandwich is Tuna with Avacado, Honey Mustard and an Egg.
I like stuff that some people find weird. I like sardines, smoked oysters, pickled herring, etc. My dad used to eat his sardines with a splash of vinegar and saltine crackers. I found that weird, myself, the vinegar part, especially. Pickled herring can't be the type that comes in a cream sauce with the skin still on, however. I find that disgusting.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
We used to eat pork and beans with a layer of cottage cheese on top. I would still do it today if the situation presented itself.

I really like sliced dill pickles on grilled cheese. I've also made grilled cheese with peanut butter inside too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron