• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think you promote change under him. Start forcing his hand in who he has in assistants for the next year or two. Those positions are year by year and they would either make Prohm improve his staff/team or it could potentially force Prohm to want to leave on his own.

what decent assistant is going to jump on the titanic?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Keep Prohm and let him coach the freshmen he recruited along with new recruits next year and Hinson. We will be fine.
What are the odds even half of those guys stick around regardless of what we do with Steve? Retention is a problem in the best of times and I expect a few of those guys to depart. Someone always does.

Then.... we repeat this cycle and people clamor for more time because the coach was unprepared for those guys to leave. Stop me if you have heard this one before.....

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
I voted to fire Prohm at the end of the year but the poll did not acknowledge it. Prohm has recruited talent to the NBA and obviously drew them here. Unfortunately the talent has not put expectations consistently in the court. All of you Hoiberg butt ******* can also shut up as he will not turn NU around and was ahead of the curve with transfers. It’s a no go as well. We need new blood that is driven for a title and that’s that.

tripod

Dec 28, 2007
None of the three. I think the BEST option is for him to move on to another job on his own after this season. Wasn't out of the realm of possibility last year until COVID struck. But maybe less likely this year now because he's gonna likely have one god awful record so finding a taker might be rough.
Is there a school that will want him and pay him a significant chunk of what he gets now? I’m thinking similar to McDermott to Creighton and Alford to New Mexico. Saved lots of $ for us and Iowa.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
prohm is not quitting to help us out, that's ridiculous.

he'll take his multi-million payout and ride into the sunset.

god/cornerstone wants their 20% cut too.

Reactions: CyBobby

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
What other options are available? Some other staff turnover that can make a difference. Do something. Anything other than what current is not working and will not change.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Prohm's best year (not using Fred's players) was the 2018-2019 season. On that roster he had Talen Horton Tucker, Tyrese Haliburton, and Marial Shayok. All three were drafted with two of them seeing significant playing time in the NBA. With all that talent Prohm put together a season where ISU went 23-12 overall (9-9 in conference).

Prohm can't argue that he's never had talent players to work with. I believe Prohm's biggest struggle is dealing with constant roster turnover. He didn't have to deal with that much at Murry State. Good coaches develop a system, and their players, for that short timeframe. Also, I'd say Prohm is an above average recruiter, but the results are definitely a mixed bag.

Prohm’s 2016 Recruiting Class
Prohm’s 2017 Recruiting Class
Prohm’s 2018 Recruiting Class
Prohm’s 2019 Recruiting Class

Last edited:

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Prohm's best year (not using Fred's players) was the 2018-2019 season. On that roster he had Talen Horton Tucker, Tyrese Haliburton, and Marial Shayok. All three were drafted with two of them seeing significant playing time in the NBA. With all that talent Prohm put together a season where ISU went 23-12 overall (9-9 in conference).

Prohm can't argue that he's never had talent players to work with. I believe Prohm's biggest struggle is dealing with constant roster turnover. He didn't have to deal with that much at Murry State. Good coaches develop a system, and their players, for that short timeframe. Also, I'd say Prohm is an above average recruiter, but the results are definitely a mixed bag.

Real quick: Caleb Grill did play for ISU . . .

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I'm not convinced that he's an above-average recruiter. He's had some big hits, but he fails way more than he succeeds.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Prohm's in game adjustments, timeouts, play calling are all my biggest complaints.
The roster thing is an interesting point of view. GMac is succeeding at Creighton when he was going thru similar issues here.