What TV show are you streaming right now?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
We just got done with The Old Man on Hulu (pretty good, held our interest anyway). Started American Horror Stories on Hulu last night. Also about 4 episodes into West World. Waiting for the new Game of Thrones and LOTR series to kick off.
I am loving this season of Westworld to be honest

Reactions: Cyclonepride

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
How did you like "Our Flag Means Death"? I've been considering that one.

My wife loves "Only Murders in the Building". I think it's OK but not a must-watch.
If a gay pirate comedy sounds amusing, then you'd probably like Our Flag Means Death

We thought it was hilarious; but we also loved Only Murders so your mileage may vary. I'm not sure how exactly, but they seem to be similar sense of humor to me.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Westworld
Black Bird on AppleTV is FIRE
We Own This City is great
Hacks is great
Severance was fantastic
The Rehearsal on HBO Max is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen but it is fascinating

I am a huge old Hollywood fan. There is a new docu-series on HBO Max called The Last Movie Stars about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward's marriage and carriers but HOW they pulled the documentary together is just awesome.

Reactions: Cycho1

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Westworld
Black Bird on AppleTV is FIRE
We Own This City is great
Hacks is great
Severance was fantastic
The Rehearsal on HBO Max is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen but it is fascinating

I am a huge old Hollywood fan. There is a new docu-series on HBO Max called The Last Movie Stars about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward's marriage and carriers but HOW they pulled the documentary together is just awesome.

I've got Black Bird on my list to watch. It looks solid.

• Friendly
Reactions: dahliaclone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Finishing 3rd season of "For All Mankind" - not bad
Finished Peaky Blinders - pretty good
Physical - meh, can't believe I watched two full seasons
Finished all of Bosch - not terrible
Ms Marvel - average
Rewatching Better Off Ted - wish it had gone longer
Just started Old Man on Hulu

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Only been watching Cobra Kai's 4th season.

Its ridiculousness only grows and the only character I don't dislike at this point is Johnny but might as well finish it.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We're pretty wiped at the end of a day.

Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix is a happy little show that doesn't take much thought.

The new Star Trek is fun. Captain Pike has world class captain's hair.

Of course The Rockford Files although it's starting to lose steam in season 4

When I am with my dad during the day I've been streaming: Walker Texas Ranger, Hawaii Five-O, Kojak & Rockford. They always get their guy- except Wo Fat.

While at home I've been binge watching Midsomer Murders. When I started watching didn't realize it was on 20+ years. I am about midway through & have just about hit a wall:)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We actually like it quite a bit. The first season they were trying a bit too much to be a funny spoof of Star Trek, but the current season is really good. It is actually a real sci-fi type show now.

I actually kind of dislike that direction. I enjoy the Orville, but it was better when they were basically some ship no one gave a damn about because these guys clearly weren't the "best of the best" types that always got postings on the Enterprise. Now theyre suddenly front and center and being sent to do key diplomatic missions (and generally things go poorly for all of them). When Seth tries to be Picard it goes falls flat for me.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I actually kind of dislike that direction. I enjoy the Orville, but it was better when they were basically some ship no one gave a damn about because these guys clearly weren't the "best of the best" types that always got postings on the Enterprise. Now theyre suddenly front and center and being sent to do key diplomatic missions (and generally things go poorly for all of them). When Seth tries to be Picard it goes falls flat for me.
I have enjoyed the story with Topa but I think they need to give her a break, that is a lot for a child.

I really like that they haven’t done anything romantic with the Captain and his ex, I like her character way more than I thought I would.

The Isaac and Dr. Finn (she’ll always be Sherry Palmer to me) stuff has taken a turn I don’t like.

I thought the episode with Gordon on Earth recently raised a lot of interesting issues.

My problem with the early stuff was some didn’t seem all that funny. I did kind of enjoy the big name guests though.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
Handmaid's Tale - wife watches, I can take or leave it. Characters always seem to make 180's from show to show. One episode they are good, next episode they are terrors.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I have enjoyed the story with Topa but I think they need to give her a break, that is a lot for a child.
Yeah, i'm hoping the Moclan arc is mostly resolved now.

I really like that they haven’t done anything romantic with the Captain and his ex, I like her character way more than I thought I would.

They did this way too much in S1 and i'm glad its been sidelined.

The Isaac and Dr. Finn (she’ll always be Sherry Palmer to me) stuff has taken a turn I don’t like.
More relevant to the series, she'll also always be Kasidy Yates, Sisko's wife in DS9

I thought the episode with Gordon on Earth recently raised a lot of interesting issues.

I honestly thought it mightve been a good ending to leave him there in the past. Maybe he was always supposed to end up there and the timeline reflected that.