What would cause TJ to move?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Argh! Michigan speculation here. Another reason to hate the B1G and SEC. They probably think they can just snap their fingers and get whatever coach they want. And they will have the money to back it up for many.

Juwan Howard – Michigan

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Season Record: 7-11
Overall Record: 86-59
The Juwan Howard era at Michigan has plummeted downhill since the team’s 23-5 season in 2020-21, and with multiple controversies surrounding the program and their head coach, it might already be time to pull the plug and start looking elsewhere for a new head man.
Administration needs to focus on landing an experienced coach and a strong recruiter, and if they can convince T.J. Otzelberger to leave Iowa State and the Big 12 they will be in a great position to return to prominence quickly.
Otzelberger has deep connections in the Midwest, has a strong reputation as a lead recruiter, and is a winning coach from his time at UNLV and now with the Cyclones in the loaded Big 12.
Replacement: T.J. Otzelberger (Iowa State)

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
What would cause someone to start a thread asking what would cause TJ to move?

Just relax and be thankful for what we have. I'm sure Pollard is well aware of the situation and doing everything possible to hold onto TJ. Why waste energy fretting over something for which you have no control?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
What would cause someone to start a thread asking what would cause TJ to move?

Just relax and be thankful for what we have. I'm sure Pollard is well aware of the situation and doing everything possible to hold onto TJ. Why waste energy fretting over something for which you have no control?

I imagine next week is the "Thanks for the memories" thread.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Argh! Michigan speculation here. Another reason to hate the B1G and SEC. They probably think they can just snap their fingers and get whatever coach they want. And they will have the money to back it up for many.

Juwan Howard – Michigan

Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Season Record: 7-11
Overall Record: 86-59
The Juwan Howard era at Michigan has plummeted downhill since the team’s 23-5 season in 2020-21, and with multiple controversies surrounding the program and their head coach, it might already be time to pull the plug and start looking elsewhere for a new head man.
Administration needs to focus on landing an experienced coach and a strong recruiter, and if they can convince T.J. Otzelberger to leave Iowa State and the Big 12 they will be in a great position to return to prominence quickly.
Otzelberger has deep connections in the Midwest, has a strong reputation as a lead recruiter, and is a winning coach from his time at UNLV and now with the Cyclones in the loaded Big 12.
Replacement: T.J. Otzelberger (Iowa State)

Here's one reason T.J. would consider NOT going. The school that would be looking at him just fired a coach for having a record of 22 games OVER .500 in a few short years.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
This is just the same lazy sports journalism we see over and over. Been happening with CMC for years. General formula, big brand school has an opening, lazy reporter finds a list of 5-8 coaches having success at non blue blood schools and writes an article naming them top candidates. Zero research, zero sources, just nonsensical click bait.

TJ isn't going anywhere. He doesn't have Fred's weird NBA fetish. He is going to be here as long as ISU wants him.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
lol I guess this guy is creative
Jerome Tang to Texas
Darian DeVries to Oklahoma State

I guess Tang back to Texas would make sense but I don’t see Texas being interested in him. Maybe I’m wrong