What's streaming that's good TV/movies

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So, I just started watching "Yellowjackets", now that Showtime has merged with Paramount Plus.

And...wow...what a fantastic show. At times I'm skeptical of the shows or movies that everyone raves about; I remember how disappointed I was with "Lost in Translation" after everyone made it out to be Citizen Kane 2.0, but this show lives up to all the hype.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just wrapped up Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. It was VERY good. The cast is basically the same used from the Haunting of Hill House series, but not tied into the story lines from those series. Highly recommend.
Agree. In my mind far better than his other 3 miniseries.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Agree. In my mind far better than his other 3 miniseries.
I'm two episodes in and loving the modern take on Poe's stories. We'll see where it ranks in the Flanagan-verse when I'm finished.

Speaking of ranks, here's how I'd rank Mike Flanagan's series so far.

1. The Haunting of Hill House - a masterpiece, IMO.
2. Midnight Mass
3. The Haunting of Bly Manor
4. The Midnight Club

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Just wrapped up Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. It was VERY good. The cast is basically the same used from the Haunting of Hill House series, but not tied into the story lines from those series. Highly recommend.
Just started this. Wife and I love Flanagan's stuff. Perfect October watching for us. We aren't big horror/scary movie people but these are always well done imo and walk a nice line between horror, drama and thriller

Reactions: TXCyclones

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm two episodes in and loving the modern take on Poe's stories. We'll see where it ranks in the Flanagan-verse when I'm finished.

2. Midnight Mass
4. The Midnight Club
I think I probably agree with this list. 2 and 3 are pretty close imo. Hill House is amazing. Midnight club was solid.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I loved Midnight Club for being so unique and having been open ended until he said he was leaving Netflix.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

2. Midnight Mass
4. The Midnight Club
Midnight Mass was awesome. Tried to get my wife into The Haunting of Hill House and it just wasn't happening for whatever reason

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Loved The Fall of the House of Usher. Not to spoil anything but episode 5 was the best pure horror episode, and my favorite of the 8.

Kinda want to go read the original Poe stories again

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Tuned in Amazon's Gen V, a spinoff of their The Boys super people series. Wasn't necessarily expecting much but am four episodes in and it's trippy fun. Some really decent acting, more than a few interesting characters, a few quite likeable characters and, like The Boys, it's chuck full of scenes where you go "Damn!" and "WTF!" a lot. Likey.

Nine dead bodies. Blood: gallons. Flame Fu. Blood Fu. Strong Supe Fu. Refrigerator Fu. No naked breasts. One exploding penis. One naked giantess. Bone jumping. Sibling issues. Soulless ******* villains. Murdered parents. Boxster says check it out. **

** In vein of Joe Bob Briggs and his drive-in and b-movie reviews.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Started Usher because of this thread, on episode 4 and it's great so far. And I'm not reading another post until I'm done. Hoping the ending can live up to some of the threads they're laying out.

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Anyone that hasnt seen "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific", they both were just added to Netflix.

Anyone that has not seen them both... really should. Possibly the best shows on War, and WW2, and honestly probably a couple of the best shows ever made.

Agree. Great shows. We've watched Band of Brothers multiple times. Can't wait for Masters of the Air to come out.

Reactions: 2speedy1

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Started Season 2 of Winning Time (80's Los Angeles Lakers with Jerry Buss and Magic and some Larry Bird and the Celtics). I love everything about it, the casting is tremendous, especially the Magic character. The funny bylines and popups, etc...

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Started Season 2 of Winning Time (80's Los Angeles Lakers with Jerry Buss and Magic and some Larry Bird and the Celtics). I love everything about it, the casting is tremendous, especially the Magic character. The funny bylines and popups, etc...
I liked season 1. I didn't even know a season 2 came out until i heard of the cancelling. I wholly blame the terrible marketing they did for season 2.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron