Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ohhhh - that's just BEGGING for Neg rep.

Why? Fareway is a small Midwestern chain that does a good job. Happy Joe's is a small Midwest chain that has good pizza. Seems like a good comparison.

(fyi-I haven't been to a Fareway in 12 years, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Gotta say it again, Old George's SUCKS! Worst pizza I've ever had.
I've only been to GP once, and the crust on my pizza was like cardboard. Next time I go I'll definately get something a little more doughy so I don't break my jaw again.
Not a huge fan of Chicago style pizza, but Old Chicago is decent.

BTW, had Pizza Hut before the game tonight. Kinda tasted like someone dumped a shaker full of salt on the pizza before the stuck it in the oven.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I love the Pit simply cause you can go get it at Welch Ave. Station and enjoy a $4 pitcher at the same time. The pizza at the Pit is very good, but nothing in comparison to their Drummies. I wanted to go their tonight before the game, but i conceded to somewhere else.

We ended up going to Pit since the 1st choice was too busy to make it to the game at a decent hour. And it was PHENOMENAL! The All Meat pizza was great.

Not many places have real bacon on it like they do. The Drummies were great also, and BrianHos... the Fat Tire went down well!

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Why? Fareway is a small Midwestern chain that does a good job. Happy Joe's is a small Midwest chain that has good pizza. Seems like a good comparison.

(fyi-I haven't been to a Fareway in 12 years, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

That sounds like a decent comparison to me....

Went to the Pit tonight as the wait for Dublin Bay was 45 minutes long at 5:15. For all of you Fat Tire fans, they have it on tap there along with Mothership.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Papa Johns was started by a former Pizza Hut employee trying to make an improved version ... opinions obviously differ to whether he suceeded or not ... but I think that would make Papa Johns like ... I have no idea .... this is getting harder to do.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Pizza Delivery Fun Fact #86:

I once delivered pizza to Fred Hoibergs parents house. (I'm guessing from Davincis ... but I did deliver for Dominos for a little while too - its getting blurry).

Anyway, I knew they were his parents because it said "Hoiberg" on the receipt and also because I asked them if they were and they said yes.

Double Anyway, guess what the order was for? 1-topping: Green Pepper.

Who does that?!?!? I mean comeon !!! green pepper? and JUST green pepper?!? craziness.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Who does that?!?!? I mean comeon !!! green pepper? and JUST green pepper?!?

I will often get just black olive. :yes: I realize it's not normal.

(The story of how you knew it was them made me laugh.)

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Great Plains is the best, no contest. The fact that anything else has been mentioned makes me sad inside.

:p

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I will often get just black olive. :yes: I realize it's not normal.

(The story of how you knew it was them made me laugh.)

I just threw up in my mouth a little :swoon: ... olives are the devil.

I eat a lot of things but I don't do olives (either type), mushrooms or ketchup. grossness.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Gotta say it again, Old George's SUCKS! Worst pizza I've ever had.
I've only been to GP once, and the crust on my pizza was like cardboard. Next time I go I'll definately get something a little more doughy so I don't break my jaw again.
Not a huge fan of Chicago style pizza, but Old Chicago is decent.

BTW, had Pizza Hut before the game tonight. Kinda tasted like someone dumped a shaker full of salt on the pizza before the stuck it in the oven.

Reading the Old George single review at the restaurant link, the person remarked that the service was real bad. I am surprised the owner donor does not put up a second review to counteract the negative first review.

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
NO KETCHUP!?

Jesus, how do you eat french fries? Unless you're Canadian I don't believe it.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Another pizza I enjoy, that has not been mentioned, is Papa Murphy's Chicago-Style Stuffed Pizza but you do have to cook it yourself.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Also, I am shocked that I am the only person to reference Pizza Pit's sandwiches. Are people not fans? I think the sandwiches plus the wings make Pizza Pit one of my favorite campus town eateries. Especially after football games.

Wednesday night hot sandwich deal...2 for $12-something (used to be $10), plus pickles, chips and two 12-oz sodas. Out-friggin-standing. -- Ham/Swiss; Classic Combo + X-cheese

Throw in a side of mozzarella sticks, cheese bread or drummies, and it was party time. (R.I.P., Parmesan Cubes :cry:)