When do you think you will buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

When will you buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

• Already Own One

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • In the next year

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Between 1-5 years

Votes: 131 18.0%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 173 23.8%
  • 10+ years or never

Votes: 373 51.4%

• Total voters

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I went to the Iowa car show last week and they had a Jeep Grand Wagoneer for $120k. I about fell over.
If you have that much to spend on an SUV, buy a GM or ford product. I sell all 3, and we had a wagoneer on the show floor. the dash squeaked when you pushed on it, not a great sign

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
You're ignoring my post where the Rivian beat the EPA number.

Which I have also done myself.
Sorry, I'm honestly confused, I didn't see anywhere in the test where the rivian beat the EPA number. In the test it said EPA range 380, MT ROAD-TRIP RANGE 264

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I remember years ago the lease deals on Jeeps were crazy, I'd imagine that's the only way to "own" that Wagoneer, decent chance it breaks down before you get it back to your driveway.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
If you have that much to spend on an SUV, buy a GM or ford product. I sell all 3, and we had a wagoneer on the show floor. the dash squeaked when you pushed on it, not a great sign
My sister and bil for some reason love Stellantis products. They've even had a ton of issues over the years and she actually had to have the dealer buy back her Ram TRX. She switched to a GMC Denali pickup and seems much happier, but my BIL STILL wants to stick with his hellcats lol. So, so dumb IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: mramseyISU

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
My sister and bil for some reason love Stellantis products. They've even had a ton of issues over the years and she actually had to have the dealer buy back her Ram TRX. She switched to a GMC Denali pickup and seems much happier, but my BIL STILL wants to stick with his hellcats lol. So, so dumb IMO.
To be fair, nobody really has a factory vehicle equipped like a hellcat, so for that i kind of get it. Stellantis makes great products, but for Jeep trying to get into the luxury vehicle space with the wagoneer, they are not quite there yet lol

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
To be fair, nobody really has a factory vehicle equipped like a hellcat, so for that i kind of get it. Stellantis makes great products, but for Jeep trying to get into the luxury vehicle space with the wagoneer, they are not quite there yet lol
She had a Wagoneer too. I thought it was lovely inside, but the cost of it...and being a Stellantis product. No thanks. I'd much rather have an X5, or something like that.

Reactions: RagingCloner

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
They also had a Ford Bronco with a monster engine in it. It was also over $100k. I can't imagine going 4 wheelin in a 6 figure vehicle.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
They also had a Ford Bronco with a monster engine in it. It was also over $100k. I can't imagine going 4 wheelin in a 6 figure vehicle.
typically you dont. its a raptor bronco lol not much of an offroad vehicle

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Everyone is different, that's for sure. I know a few Rivian owners who take theirs off-road and beat the outside of it to ****.

I can't stand even a spec of dirt on mine :p

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
typically you dont. its a raptor bronco lol not much of an offroad vehicle
vehicle.png
images

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Found this really interesting. Not sure how it compares to other trucks with open top beds.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Found this really interesting. Not sure how it compares to other trucks with open top beds.

Sounds like around a 10% loss with the Cybertruck, I would guess very similar. Payload or adding a camper is a huge mpg killer on ICE trucks. And why a lot of truck owners add a bed cover. Also Jeep wranglers and gladiators are gas hogs because of their boxy front end. Aerodynamics is huge in fuel efficiency.

So 10% seems pretty normal to me. Heck, my car loses around 20% mpg driving Iowa winters.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I watched a video of a guy that bought a Lambo Urus and he tore in to it. Like just with his hands. Everything was cheap, not secured very well and just came off without much effort on his part (think door panels, dash pieces, air vent surrounds, etc).

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I watched a video of a guy that bought a Lambo Urus and he tore in to it. Like just with his hands. Everything was cheap, not secured very well and just came off without much effort on his part (think door panels, dash pieces, air vent surrounds, etc).
I believe i saw that one as well. Absolutely insane

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think pre-covid the average new car was right at $48k. That window is a huge market.

I usually drive my daily driver for around 10 years and each time it comes to buy a year old "new" car I have sticker shock. Das Audi is a 2015 so will be having the sticker shock in a few years and I'll have the daunting task of trying to find a hybrid or EC which will be an adjustment. Might mean leaving the Audi family which I've been in since 2000 or so. The current Audi is the only automatic I've ever owned so I've been pretty old school but not locked into old tech.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
LOL I know about the IH scout because at a job I had one of the supervisors had one. One night during a blizzard it's door didn't shut right and the door spent all night banging into a brand new pickup side. Beat the hell out of it. Didn't hurt the scout door much.
While I was in high school there was a family that had a scout that was handed down from kid to kid to kid to.... It was painted camo and they called it "the bush."