When Will Campbell Learn

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You don’t beat Iowa playing Iowa’s game. It works for us in the B12, but we need be different when we play Iowa.

I think this is especially true in the second game of the season.

As always the one or two series we sped up against them we have success.

We were 1-8 in conference last year.

Reactions: Drew0311

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
You don’t beat Iowa playing Iowa’s game. It works for us in the B12, but we need be different when we play Iowa.

I think this is especially true in the second game of the season.

As always the one or two series we sped up against them we have success.
The winning game plan was there. Dropped passes, pick six, not seeing open recovers down field. It was QB and Wr play that cost us the game.

QB wasn’t supposed to be our starter, but now is, and he’s a freshman.

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
I don’t think Campbell understands (or cares) about how important this game is to ISU fans and the health of the program. Ultimately it will probably be his undoing here.
I’d take a winning conference record and a 2-1 non-con with a loss to Iowa every year.

Let’s go back to the Rhoads and McCarney era when we beat Iowa and lost most other games. Great plan.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The winning game plan was there. Dropped passes, pick six, not seeing open recovers down field. It was QB and Wr play that cost us the game.

And the guy that was supposed to be our RB is not here.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Rocco taking what the defense gives him is smart, and needed after the Dekkers INT fest last year if we’re going to win conference games. Unfortunately that plays right into Iowa‘s hands.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Sama has been a pleasant surprise at least

And Brock wasn’t Breece. So it’s not like we’d have won for sure if he had played.

I just think that we all were sweating bullets before last week. We knew there would be some bumps. There were bumps.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyched

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
“Pleasant surprise”? Where the **** have you been? Same god damn room as the staff? Sama is the best option we have and he’s not getting touches.
Kid has been amazing with a terrible offensive line and no passing game.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’d take a winning conference record and a 2-1 non-con with a loss to Iowa every year.

Let’s go back to the Rhoads and McCarney era when we beat Iowa and lost most other games. Great plan.
Also, The years we beat Iowa under McCarney..
3-8 (Iowa was 3-8)
4-7 (Iowa was 1-11)
9-3
7-5
7-7
7-5

More times than not it equated to a winning record. When it didn’t, Iowa was also at one of its lowest points