When Will Campbell Learn

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also, The years we beat Iowa under McCarney..
3-8 (Iowa was 3-8)
4-7 (Iowa was 1-11)
9-3
7-5
7-7
7-5

More times than not it equated to a winning record. When it didn’t, Iowa was also at one of its lowest points

One of those was a conference winning record. They were 5-3 in 2000.

Reactions: 1776

Ankency

Oct 22, 2018
For the record @Ankency, @chadly82 and @Cyched are totally fine with the way we approached the game today offensively.

All good according to these three geniuses.
For the record @Ankency, @chadly82 and @Cyched are totally fine with the way we approached the game today offensively.

All good according to these three geniuses.
Love all the armchair coaches that act like they have a clue about coaching college football, and can make it sound so easy. Speaking of geniuses!!!! Keep second guessing because you are so smart

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Love all the armchair coaches that act like they have a clue about coaching college football, and can make it sound so easy. Speaking of geniuses!!!! Keep second guessing because you are so smart

Not sure what you did to get roped in on this?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
well, when we watch other games we see young teams with good schemes and we look archaic in comparison. I just got done watching Washington State, they kept Wisconsin off balance, their QB was a running threat and it put pressure on the Wisconsin D to chose their poison. It opened up their passing game. And how about Sark? He called an extremely aggressive game at Alabama. He played to win, his players picked up on it and they took to Bama. We played tentative and passive against Iowa.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And Brock wasn’t Breece. So it’s not like we’d have won for sure if he had played.

I just think that we all were sweating bullets before last week. We knew there would be some bumps. There were bumps.

Even when we had Breece…we do nothing but run right into the middle of their defense which helps Iowa’s game plan.

Running up the middle finally worked on our late 8 minute drive because Parker wanted us to have an 8 minute drive and knew we’d do that.

Reactions: cymac2408

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why the qualifier about "talent available?" Attracting and retaining talent is part of the gig too.

What can be done differently with the talent that ISU currently has that's going to all of the sudden open up the offense on a team like Iowa?

Play action needs a running game to create the action, and receivers need to be reliable and able to get to space.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Posting and arguing about this in the rivals forum is about the dumbest thing I’ve seen in this website. Continue melting down, good lord.

Ankency

Oct 22, 2018
well, when we watch other games we see young teams with good schemes and we look archaic in comparison. I just got done watching Washington State, they kept Wisconsin off balance, their QB was a running threat and it put pressure on the Wisconsin D to chose their poison. It opened up their passing game. And how about Sark? He called an extremely aggressive game at Alabama. He played to win, his players picked up on it and they took to Bama. We played tentative and passive against Iowa.
Watches football games on TV and knows how to scheme better than successful power 5 football coaches. Makes sense. Hey Saban got his butt kicked tonight I’m sure he’d appreciate a call from you to help him out

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Split backs with Norton and Sama. Jumbo sets every once in a while. It’s not rocket science.
How are those two guys as blockers? Whoever is not carrying the ball will need to block.

Our offense hasn't looked great running the ball after 2 games, but doubt the solution is a 2 RB set. IMO the biggest improvement this offense can make is more big plays out of the passing game.

Sama looks like he could be a great back, but at this point I like our splitting carries. Norton had some solid runs today and is a more physical runner. Our O-line has to be in continuous improvement mode.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Counting this year, Cambell has come out of non conference 3-0 once out of eight years. These games count, I wish he understood that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron