When Will Campbell Learn

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
How are those two guys as blockers? Whoever is not carrying the ball will need to block.

Our offense hasn't looked great running the ball after 2 games, but doubt the solution is a 2 RB set. IMO the biggest improvement this offense can make is more big plays out of the passing game.

Sama looks like he could be a great back, but at this point I like our splitting carries. Norton had some solid runs today and is a more physical runner. Our O-line has to be in continuous improvement mode.
Agree about some big passing plays, but 2 issuse.
1. Does rocco have a good arm for deep? Didnt look like it to me. Maybe medium deep...
2. Vs Iowa, theyve been terrified to throw deep at all vs the deep safety look iowa runs. So they give that up entirely, and allow iowa to just defend short, which helps defend vs the run too. They just make it so easy for iowa to defend, totally outof fear.

Agree on Sama and Norton. They look good (or good enough) to me. Play both, keep them fresh. If one gets dinged you got the other. They arent one of the top 5 problems on offense.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Gotta love 1st amendment rights, but this is so far from the truth it is silly.
How so? We got thumped at home once again by our biggest rival. Coach comes out after the game and says "gee, I think that's the best we've ever played these guys." Well no **** bro. You are 1-6 and lucky you aint 0-7 against Iowa. Dude just has no answers against the Farentzes. They own him.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Agree about some big passing plays, but 2 issuse.
1. Does rocco have a good arm for deep? Didnt look like it to me. Maybe medium deep...
2. Vs Iowa, theyve been terrified to throw deep at all vs the deep safety look iowa runs. So they give that up entirely, and allow iowa to just defend short, which helps defend vs the run too. They just make it so easy for iowa to defend, totally outof fear.

Agree on Sama and Norton. They look good (or good enough) to me. Play both, keep them fresh. If one gets dinged you got the other. They arent one of the top 5 problems on offense.
Certainly, the wide side out is not his pass. Most QBs can’t do it

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
How so? We got thumped at home once again by our biggest rival. Coach comes out after the game and says "gee, I think that's the best we've ever played these guys." Well no **** bro. You are 1-6 and lucky you aint 0-7 against Iowa. Dude just has no answers against the Farentzes. They own him.
No they don't. Phil Parker, maybe. But the Ferentzes don't own anyone. They used to own Barta but he's gone. Phil Parker is the only reason KF and BF still have a job.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No they don't. Phil Parker, maybe. But the Ferentzes don't own anyone. They used to own Barta but he's gone. Phil Parker is the only reason KF and BF still have a job.

Parker owns most teams as far as at least making the day a grind. Even if a team is going off on big plays or whatever Iowa will still tighten up in the red zone.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Gotta love 1st amendment rights, but this is so far from the truth it is silly.
The only 1A thing about CF, is that the owners have it…. We do not. No need to cave this… but the claim is dumb.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The game really got out of control for one reason and one reason only: Rocco would deliver the ball on time and on target and our guys couldn't make a catch to save their souls.

But the OP is right, Matt has terrible hands and should be fired for it. You should never hire a former DL as a head coach because you will forever have dropped passes. <jimlad>

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Doyle and Parker made Kirk a lot of money that's for sure.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Turns out you don’t beat anyone playing like Iowa!

Open the ******* offense up. There are weapons out there. Rely on your defense to not let you get buried. Christ you can’t score 7 at a MAC school! That rediculous and I don’t give a **** if players were sick, we have had multiple best recruiting classes in a row. If you can’t put 20 points on a MAC defense you better have a come to Jesus meeting and change what the **** you are doing quick.

This is starting to look like Prohms final season! Don’t be stubborn MC. Look around make adjustments and find a way. All these other schools can do it so can ISU.

Reactions: gocy444

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Campbell is at a crossroads. Evolve or die, our line simply isn't good enough to play bully ball. Let Rocco spread it out.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup and gocy444

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
Campbell is at a crossroads. Evolve or die, our line simply isn't good enough to play bully ball. Let Rocco spread it out.
He was at a crossroads after last year and doubled down on the same **** that doesn't work - it's over. The Matt Campbell era suffered a mortal wound today....it's just a matter of how long it takes to bleed out. Unfortunately with the cheapness of this fan base and Pollard's ego stroking CyTown, it might take awhile.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
He was at a crossroads after last year and doubled down on the same **** that doesn't work - it's over. The Matt Campbell era suffered a mortal wound today....it's just a matter of how long it takes to bleed out. Unfortunately with the cheapness of this fan base and Pollard's ego stroking CyTown, it might take awhile.
It doesn’t have to be mortal. There is an excellent defense and weapons on offense. Just have to be willing to do it. And stop limiting your self with the ******** you can’t do. Use the passing offense to open up the run. The line pass protects fine.

**** Rocco looked fine back there. The receivers caught the ball. But they just didn’t do it. They take no chances. And I don’t get it. You can’t win football games playing not to lose and that is exactly what they did the last two weeks.

They have to let it go. They have to push the ball down the field. If Ohio can find open guys down the field vs our defense we can do the same to theirs.

I get if they lost being out talented, but they are getting beat being out coached. And that isn’t acceptable.

Reactions: BigCyFan

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Looking at the conference so far, it appears ISUs strength of schedule may not be much different than sui.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Well that was much better.

Spread the ball around. Used Eli Sanders, who seems to be the only running back to want to hit a hole hard.

Obviously we would all love a run game, but they shifted this week and now have something to build on. Positive vibes will help the building.

Also no puking will help the team. Sounds like the virus last weekend was worse than we knew.

Not sure why it took to game 4 to get there. I have to think they knew the run game would be rough.