"Where is your speed? Got any black players?"

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Direct quote from someone I was talking to before practice last night. Guy is from Georgia - in the process of moving himself and his family up here - relocated for work. Saw us starting practice and stopped by to ask questions about the league - to enroll his son for next year.

I think he had to have noticed my eyes pop out of my head when he said that - but I still should not have been too surprised. At that point I just let him know I had to get practice going and headed off.

Pathetic/sad this still goes on.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Direct quote from someone I was talking to before practice last night. Guy is from Georgia - in the process of moving himself and his family up here - relocated for work. Saw us starting practice and stopped by to ask questions about the league - to enroll his son for next year.

I think he had to have noticed my eyes pop out of my head when he said that - but I still should not have been too surprised. At that point I just let him know I had to get practice going and headed off.

Pathetic/sad this still goes on.

and we post about it for more discussion.

-keep.

Reactions: cycloneted

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
My wife's sister and family moved down to Mississippi for a couple years after Katrina hit since he is a storm chaser. They were looking for schools to enroll their kids. Stopped at this one school and was asking questions when the secretary told them "We have one of the best schools in this town because we don't have many (insert derogatory name) here at this school". My sis in law's jaw about hit the ground. The pastor of the church they went to also used the same name pretty often in his conversations/sermons. Pretty sad but it is still pretty common down in the south.:sad:

Reactions: CY ST8T

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
keeping on topic...

i wish him the best in iowa. he will probably like it more than georgia. i was going to say "i think we should remember that these folk are not the majority" but im not sure thats true. God i hope it is.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I'm confused, did he ask because he didn't want his son playing with black kids?

thats what i read between the lines. 22 left out some minor details that made it a bit confusing but i think that is what he was getting at. i also, at first reading of the thread title, thought the guy was black, but after reading the thread im thinking hes not.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Racism=Bad? Man from the South=Ignorant?

This thread has certainly opened my eyes. Good show!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron