Which Athletes are in your classes?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
These are a few that I can remember having in class at least. There were some other FB players softball girls that I can remember the names too but I think you'll recognize a few of these names. One year my floor which had a lot of the track guys on it was the brother floor to the women's basketball team so I got to hang out with Desiree Francis, Gintare Cipinyte, and Ashley Homeyer once in awhile but most of the women on the team that year didn't really come out much and do things with us other than those 3. A lot of the women were business majors like I was so some of them I had in multiple classes out of coincidence.

Cael Sanderson
Darren Davis (he always came in late then took a nap. was a tough class for even those who showed up so I don't know how he passed it!)
Tracy Gahan
Mary Fox (she still owes me a pencil from one she "borrowed" before a pop quiz one time!)
Angie Welle (first time I saw her I was like "dang, hope she is on the basketball team." well she was a freshman same year I was and first game I went to guess who was the starting center!)
Ennis Haywood
Martin Rancik
Erica Junod

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
One semester I had Will Blaylock, Curtis Stinson, Tasheed Carr, and Rahshon Clark in my Macro Econ lecture and also another class that I can't recall at the moment.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Not an athlete per se, but I sat next to Summer Ackerman for a semester. She was in the first "Girls of the Big 12" issue for Playboy, circa 1996.

I knew her. My buddy dated her for quite a while. She wasn't the brightest gal, but easy on the eyes.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Yea, both the brothers were in the big lecture, and then Travis was in my small recitation section.

I had both of them in either a Poly Sci. class or a psych. class.

Stevie Hicks in English 102 when he was a freshmen and thought he might produce big things someday.

Kurt Backes in a Finance class last year.

Adam Carper in accounting class last year.

All the athletes that come with the "rocks for jocks" class mentioned. Along with the list of them in Psych 101 or any big lecture freshman/soph. class.

It is always nice to see the athletes who came to class and actually looked like they cared to be there. Not the ones who show up late and take no notes. It amazes me how many of them come to class with no notebook, no pen/pencil then wonder why tests are hard.

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
I didn't really "attend" most of my intro level classes, with the exception of test days. (There were more important things to do: play cards, sleep, girls, intramurals)On test days I did see Cato in Psych 280 and Troy Davis in History. Funniest had to be Doxzon in Stat 227 recitation...guy was not a light bulb.

rte4st8

Bob Utter in rocks for jocks at least the first and last class of the semester. Had a few marketing classes with the Mayor including an 8am class that we would be at the day after a road game. Guy was taking 21 credits his last semester to graduate on time. I remember the Marketing teacher telling Fred how much a person with a marketing degree could make, then someone told him Fred would be playing in the NBA. Teacher felt like an idiot.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I had M Hamilton in my class last Semester and now I have Allen Bell (came in late with really big sunglasses on! it was hilarious!) and Baily Johnson is in one of mine...

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I had M Hamilton in my class last Semester and now I have Allen Bell (came in late with really big sunglasses on! it was hilarious!) and Baily Johnson is in one of mine...

A.B. wore those shades all first semester in my Geology class. My teacher always asked him for stories during 'Break Time.' He always said some funny stuff.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I also have volleyball with like half the swim team and a bunch of track girls. And I had Theatre 358 with a really nice softball girl last semester, but I've already forgotten her name...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I had both of them in either a Poly Sci. class or a psych. class.

Stevie Hicks in English 102 when he was a freshmen and thought he might produce big things someday.

Kurt Backes in a Finance class last year.

Adam Carper in accounting class last year.

All the athletes that come with the "rocks for jocks" class mentioned. Along with the list of them in Psych 101 or any big lecture freshman/soph. class.

It is always nice to see the athletes who came to class and actually looked like they cared to be there. Not the ones who show up late and take no notes. It amazes me how many of them come to class with no notebook, no pen/pencil then wonder why tests are hard.

He's in the cubicle next to me at work :smile:

Charles Boozer sighting yesterday in my English 250 class.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Also had Kurtis Taylor in my Pol Sci 251 class last semester.

Marsden and Brock Jacobsen were in my Stat 326 class too.

I thought the title said "Athletes"? :wink:

I had Hoiberg and his wife in a History class my freshman year. But I also went to high school with him so it wasn't a big deal at the time.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Shawn Bankhead and Kenny Pratt were in an HDFS class of mine. They showed up. That was about it. They sat in the back and talked. This wasn't a very big class either.

Troy Davis was in a Theories of Education class. Well, he was there twice and then dropped it. He was also in my Rocks for Jocks class.

Jaycee Holloway was in another class. I can't remember which one. I just remember seeing him and thinking that he wasn't a very big guy.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Mark Currie is in my grad. student office. How he is an athlete and getting his master's in structural engineering, I'll never know.

I had Poli Sci 311 with Walter Nickel. Didn't say anything to him until halfway through the semester when I was talking to a friend about NCAA 2007 and Walter busted into our conversation. He didn't show up too often for class.

I had a few gymnastic girls in my Relig. 205 class, that was nice.

I talked to Adam Carper at the UDCC his first year at ISU. I asked him if Tony Yelk was ever going to play again and he said probably not because Yelk was a p****

CYCLONE STATE

Dec 8, 2007
Clive
Shawn Bankhead and Kenny Pratt were in an HDFS class of mine. They showed up. That was about it. They sat in the back and talked. This wasn't a very big class either.

Troy Davis was in a Theories of Education class. Well, he was there twice and then dropped it. He was also in my Rocks for Jocks class.

Jaycee Holloway was in another class. I can't remember which one. I just remember seeing him and thinking that he wasn't a very big guy.

I played baseball in a men's league for a few years after graduation and played against Holloway a few times. His size was more typical of a baseball player. I think he played shortstop and outfield.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I also have volleyball with like half the swim team and a bunch of track girls. And I had Theatre 358 with a really nice softball girl last semester, but I've already forgotten her name...

What is your major? Sounds like you have this figured out.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I had HDFS 166 with Jamaal Tinsley, Marcus Fizer, and Stevie Johnson. Jamaal used to ask me to show him my answers for the pop quiz and stuff.... All star class eh?

Hilz4cy

Jan 22, 2008
West Des Moines
MBB HAd Pratt, Cato and Willoughby in one class, Jaycee in another
WVB Had Steph Mckannon, Dana Mucha (SP) and Sonya Van Heldon in another
Numerous others from s-ball and such I can't remember
Mid 90's