Which Athletes are in your classes?

retzmountn

Aug 16, 2006
Runnells, IA
Back in the mid-80's, I had Tom Schaffer (ISU Basketball) in my cost accounting class and got assignments for him when he was gone with the team to ball games.

However, I think my biggest highlight was having the same opportunity with Jeff Hornacek in an English class. He would always call me to get the assigmnments that he missed while on the road with the team.

Both Jeff & Tom were instrumental in getting me involved with the ISU Basketball team circle down at the Memorial Union. It was cool walking to class & hearing some of the ball players say Hi to me on campus. :yes:

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Freshman year, what turned out to be the final year for Eustachy, had Adam Haluska (the unmentionable one) in my first college class, Econ 101 with Alexander. Apparently he wasn't too bright in Econ, but then Alexander's class was always tougher than the other Econ 101 classes.

Man, does that seem like a long time ago.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
I took a ton of classes with Shawn Moorehead throughout the Mechanical Engineering curriculum (I graduated in Spring 2007). I'd call him an "acquantaince" through a very good friend of mine; he was always very nice and put in the time and effort along with the rest of us (plus all of his time and effort on the field!).

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Freshman year, what turned out to be the final year for Eustachy, had Adam Haluska (the unmentionable one) in my first college class, Econ 101 with Alexander. Apparently he wasn't too bright in Econ, but then Alexander's class was always tougher than the other Econ 101 classes.

Man, does that seem like a long time ago.

My freshman year I had Haluska's GF, Kendra Bengston in my education classes. While I don't remember much from those classes, I do remember that she was extremely hot. WOW! :biggrin:

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I had Stevie Johnson in an English class. I had Andy Stensrud in an Animal Science class. Had Chin Achebe in Math 104. I will always remember that because the prof would set your quizzes on a chair in alphabetical order outside the classroom after he graded them. Achebe was first. He got a six out of 20 on the first quiz. The first quiz in Math 104 is like 6th grade math. EASY. He didnt do so swell.

jkeppy

Apr 12, 2006
Bettendorf, IA
First day of speech class during the summer semester '95, Kelvin Cato walks in and everyone just stopped talking and stared. Dude was huge. Nobody knew who he was since he had just transfered from South Alabama.

Chirpy instructor sais, "So, you must be Kelvin."

His response, "Yea, but I go by Cato."

Very cool/personable guy, but no one called him Kelvin again.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I just remembered I had Jamar Buchanon as a lab partner in Physics 222 and quite a few classes after that we had together. That guy was a hell of a lot smarter than I am.

chuckles

Nov 10, 2007
Ames
well, its not classes, but Cael Sanderson used to live in my dad's apartments. He lived with his brother and another wrestler. I mowed their lawn then they would invite me in and give me a pop and let me watch tv with them for awhile. It was pretty sweet.

birdflu

Nov 14, 2006
Iowa
Marcus Fizer in Soc.
Cael Sanderson in an art history class until he dropped it.
Monica Huelman (WBB) in several classes.
Also a few random football and vollyball players but i cant recall the names

Oh, and up until a few months ago JaMaine Billups was the Resident MGR of my apt building. Incredibly nice guy.

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Marcus Fizer in Soc.
Cael Sanderson in an art history class until he dropped it.
Monica Huelman (WBB) in several classes.
Also a few random football and vollyball players but i cant recall the names

Oh, and up until a few months ago JaMaine Billups was the Resident MGR of my apt building. Incredibly nice guy.

I sat by Cael Sanderson once...Cauliflower ear FTL... :eek:

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
Off the top of my head...

James Hamilton and Marc Carlson (MBB), and The White Rat (Geoff Turner) in my Anthro 101 class.

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
Too many to name! But the funniest class was always LAS 350 classes (the subject changes each semester, so you can take it numerous times) with Mrs. Fromm. There are only about 30 people in the class and about 25 of them are always athletes. One semester it was Rahshon, Jiri, Will, Curt, Berryman, Todd, Greedy (Steve Paris), Milan, LaMarcus Hicks, John Machado, and tons more. It was the funniest class I have ever taken! Non-stop comedy!