Whiny millenials and their parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Damn millennials using up all the internet hours. Gonna have to find another AOL disk sometime soon before I run out
I never understood that business model couldn't you just keep using discs forever or did you have to upgrade at some point

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For boomer reference

We'll reach a commonality soon since everyone's gonna die in 2020. :eek:

good-news-everyone-were-all-gonna-die.jpg

Last edited:

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I know a boomer who posted all the time on Facebook about milllenials being entitled, lazy, selfish, never could have made it back in my day, a threat to America etc... then got one “OK boomer” comment and immediately unfriended the commenter and posted four separate times how rude and hurtful it was. That’s all.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I remember the first time I used the internet.

10th grade - I was in debate (yes -- nerd alert!) The teacher/sponsor got a modem from the school and didn't want to try to figure it out, so said "one of you kids hook it up." A couple of us guys figured it out, got it going, and launched whatever web browser there was (probably Netscape). We didn't know about web searches, and there was no Google, so the conversation went something like this:

"We need to find a website!"
"I don't know any websites!"
"Well, let's find one!"

Someone had a skittles bag, and we went to www.skittles.com ... it very slowly loaded over the next 3 minutes and history was made!!! :)

Was probably 30-ish and my very conservative engineer friend showed me how he logged in early 1990s. he immediately went to some chat site (Probably not CF) and immediately logged in as Julie or Sarah or something. I looked at him and after an awkward pause, he says if you use a guys name nobody will talk to you. So we had a grand old sausage fest with Sarah, Jody, Melissa and whatever woman name some nerdy male engineer could think of.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Yes, I'm sure this is exactly what we need right now. Let's have threads criticizing a certain group simply because we can. Let's do that.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Looks like I got people stirred up about nothing important. Now get off your ##### and try to change this world.;)

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Can't get into their apartments that early,( I'm sure most landlords need renters)
So your entire post was ********, but I’m going to need more help with this one. Why is this not a big issue? A lot of them probably can’t get in early to their apartments. Plus, housing markets in college towns are often tight because you have so many renters. So it may be difficult to find an apartment. You’re going to need to find a landlord willing to rent to you on a month to month basis which can be difficult to find. Finally, getting an apartment or extended stay motel until your lease starts at your actual apartment means you’re moving in during the semester when you have assignments and studying that you need to do.

not being able to move into your apartment before classes is actually a pretty big deal and is completely fine to complain about. Especially if they’re on Facebook they’re sharing it with friends and family.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
So your entire post was ********, but I’m going to need more help with this one. Why is this not a big issue? A lot of them probably can’t get in early to their apartments. Plus, housing markets in college towns are often tight because you have so many renters. So it may be difficult to find an apartment. You’re going to need to find a landlord willing to rent to you on a month to month basis which can be difficult to find. Finally, getting an apartment or extended stay motel until your lease starts at your actual apartment means you’re moving in during the semester when you have assignments and studying that you need to do.

not being able to move into your apartment before classes is actually a pretty big deal and is completely fine to complain about. Especially if they’re on Facebook they’re sharing it with friends and family.
Apartment rent usually starts the first of the month. the extra time is to clean them before new students come in. Talk to the managers, most if not all will be accommodating. With Coronavirus, racial unrest, and record unemployment, this issue is like a fart in the wind.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Apartment rent usually starts the first of the month. the extra time is to clean them before new students come in. Talk to the managers, most if not all will be accomodating,
But they don't have to. And if they don't?

Plus, if you're going to bash people for complaining about that, then I hope you're never complained about Iowa State losing, or, hypothetically, complained after an Iowa State win about a play call that occurred during the game. Because those are most much dumber things to complain about.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Was probably 30-ish and my very conservative engineer friend showed me how he logged in early 1990s. he immediately went to some chat site (Probably not CF) and immediately logged in as Julie or Sarah or something. I looked at him and after an awkward pause, he says if you use a guys name nobody will talk to you. So we had a grand old sausage fest with Sarah, Jody, Melissa and whatever woman name some nerdy male engineer could think of.

should have used Karen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron