Whitney Williams transferring

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
KG, I really believe you may be the only person left that cannot see that Mac can not relate to players. I believe your heart is in the right place but man you are loyal to a fault.

If you say so...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Something seems a miss. Usually people leave because no PT or the team is struggling, no support. But at ISU there is amazing support, PT and a program that IMO the NCAA tourney is an expectation and reality. Only thing I can think is home sick which happens a lot in wbb.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
If you say so...

KG, you would be much more credible if you could at least form a sentence in your defense. Give a reason why you believe that Mac does not have problems relating to players. I know full well you will not respond to this with a valid reason and it is your choice not to.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
KG, you would be much more credible if you could at least form a sentence in your defense. Give a reason why you believe that Mac does not have problems relating to players. I know full well you will not respond to this with a valid reason and it is your choice not to.

I think you're reading too much into his posts in this thread. Note the smileys and the winking smileys after his posts.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Up until last year, there didn't seem to be too much of a problem with transfers on the WBB side. Just something to keep an eye on...

We've had at least one player transfer every year since I started following the team in 97-98, but most of those could be attributed to playing time issues as much as anything. That's not that uncommon. What is uncommon is that WW is the second player in two years (Arlen) to transfer despite having significant PT all but guaranteed the upcoming season.

BF himself has admitted to "coaching harder" the past couple seasons, and it may be responsible for the transfers. It may also be responsible for the NCAA Tournament success. It may be a catch-22.

Reactions: VeloClone

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006

Not really worried about being creditable...It is, what is...Opinions are already formed.

Can you do me a favor...Breakdown this list into which transfers are the player's fault and which transfers are the coaches' fault?

Reactions: Kyle

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
I think you're reading too much into his posts in this thread. Note the smileys and the winking smileys after his posts.

Nah, he has been regurgitating the same Mac love for the whole year. Just avoids giving any reasons and tells people he and Coach Mac know more than the rest of us so just blindly believe when it is painfully obvious this ship is damn near sunk.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I think the NCAA needs to do something to make it a lot less desirable for these athletes to transfer. I'm not sure what should be done, but it just seems to be too commonplace now. There seems to be no commitment any more at all.

There has been talk at the HS level about making an athlete sit out a full year if they open enroll to get rid of so many going one place for a sport and then back to graduate with their class at their old school :yes:

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Not really worried about being creditable...It is, what is...Opinions are already formed.

Can you do me a favor...Breakdown this list into which transfers are the player's fault and which transfers are the coaches' fault?

The vast majority of all transfers are going to be on the coach. He recruited the player and signed off on giving them a scholarship. I know certain circumstances have come up that are unusual but the vast majority of transfers are on the coaching staff on some level. That goes for ISU and the rest of the country.

Still waiting on that reason... Keep avoiding it. I expect it.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Nah, he has been regurgitating the same Mac love for the whole year. Just avoids giving any reasons and tells people he and Coach Mac know more than the rest of us so just blindly believe when it is painfully obvious this ship is damn near sunk.

Lets assume I'm blind and clueless...Can you still break the list down for me?

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
KG- I am not breaking down 10 years of transfers. Maybe you are clueless...

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
The vast majority of all transfers are going to be on the coach. He recruited the player and signed off on giving them a scholarship. I know certain circumstances have come up that are unusual but the vast majority of transfers are on the coaching staff on some level. That goes for ISU and the rest of the country.

Still waiting on that reason... Keep avoiding it. I expect it.

Wrong...

But the coach does take the heat...which I never denied.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA

Trust me, I've had my spats with kg. Up until that excel list, I don't think he was trying to pick a fight...but now, one has nonetheless broken out.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
How about we just stick with talking about the Women's basketball team in the Women's basketball forum? Some of us don't care about that other team that defecates in Hilton. Thanks in advance. :yes: