• Hail to the Chiefs

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • It's a Love Story - the fighting Taylor Swfits win

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bang Bang Niner Gang

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Purdy Niners for the win

Votes: 87 67.4%
  • I just hope both teams have fun (aka, I don't care)

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Chiefs.

Unless Purdy can do a successful helmet bounce pass two games in a row.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Chiefs will give the SF offense issues up front. That will be the difference.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Family has Chiefs season tickets and I think they'll win. But I'm rooting for Brock, win win for a lot of us.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
That's because KC didn't even try to pass down the field the 2nd half. They were content to run clock. Only downfield pass they had all half was a completion to seal the game.

They definitely tried and couldn't do it. They had a hot start but the same old problems came back in the second half, the narrative is just different because the Ravens offense was blowing it twice as hard.

• Dumb
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Baltimore had more passing yards and KC had 8 more rushing yards. KC did not dominate that game.
That is looking at the stats, KC controlled the game the entire way, they didn't have to take chances on offense after they got up, burn clock and wait for the Ravens to pee down their leg.

It never felt like to me that the Ravens were in the game, and every time they made a big play, they screwed it up and hurt themselves. The penalty on Flowers after the great catch, the fumble on the goal line. If the Ravens would have scored once there, that forces KC to open back up the offense, when they didn't, KC could just keep burning clock.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm a Vikings fan first (sadly) but the Chiefs are my AFC team after having lived here for so long. That being said, I'm pulling for Purdy and the 49ers in this one.

While both teams have defenses that can get very stingy, when each teams' offenses are clicking, I'm not sure either defense will put up a big fight. McCaffrey/Samuel are a load in space and the Mahomes/Kelce combo is dominant when rolling.

I'll guess the Super Bowl experience that KC has will end up being the factor that tips the scales in their favor. I think a lot of points will be had by both teams. I could see a 41 - 38 Chiefs victory, with the 49ers being able to stop that last td drive by the Chiefs to win it.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You look silly right now, but that's not my problem. The Chiefs D has been good, their team doesn't look unbeatable, they didn't dominate either the Bills or the Ravens, they still probably win the Super Bowl.
That defense that has not looked dominate yesterday gave up 10 points on the road, while the Ravins gave up 17, Lions 34 and the 9ers 31 points.
The Chiefs gave up 24 to Buffalo on the road and only 7 to Miami at home. In 3 playoff games, two on the road they have only given up 41 points, have 2 ints and one fumble recovery. They are the 2nd ranked defense in the league behind Baltimore, who they just beat.

That is dominating defense, factoring in 2 of those games were on the road.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Chiefs have had issues with turnovers, dropped passes, and penalties all season. When they clean those up, they are extremely good. Yesterday they lost a TD on a penalty, but no TO,

Purdy and 49rs are fortunate to be here. Purdy could easily have 4-5 interceptions this post season. CMC is a beast, but Ravens were #1 rushing team and Chiefs D shut them down. Ravens destroyed the Niners.

Lots of stupid money on the 49rs right now. But Chiefs get this.

• Agree

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That defense that has not looked dominate yesterday gave up 10 points on the road, while the Ravins gave up 17, Lions 34 and the 9ers 31 points.
The Chiefs gave up 24 to Buffalo on the road and only 7 to Miami at home. In 3 playoff games, two on the road they have only given up 41 points, have 2 ints and one fumble recovery. They are the 2nd ranked defense in the league behind Baltimore, who they just beat.

That is dominating defense, factoring in 2 of those games were on the road.
K

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It’s a no lose situation for me. Will be cheering for KC but if SF wins and Brock gets a title can’t complain.

But I think KC wins and actually by more than a TD. Toney literally gave away 2-3 games this year on his own. KC is clicking now. And it’s Mahomes vs a first timer with Purdy.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
I think both defenses are better than the opposing offenses. I could see it going similar to the AFC championship game where both offenses find some success early before the defenses adjust. SF especially seems to start slow on D. I have big worries about the SF Oline getting exposed by Spagnuolo. The KC offense isn't explosive or consistent enough to run away with the game though, if SF can hold them to FGs early it could look like the SF-Philly game.
I'm a lifelong Chiefs fan, but I'm pulling for Purdy because the off-season nonsense would be ridiculous if they lose. It means more to SF at this point. But ultimately, I trust the KC defense and especially special teams a lot more to win a tight game.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
What I think happens: Chiefs win by 3.

What I hope happens: Purdy has 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD as he leads the 49ers to a dramatic 49-42 win. He wins SB MVP, and in the postgame interview he tells all his haters to suck it, does the horns down sign, and screams GO CYCLONES!

Also, Taylor Swift goes on to write a song about how Brock Purdy broke her heart.

Last edited:

engineer_doug

Sep 12, 2016
FWIW, I believe Chiefs beat Eagles 38-35 in Super Bowl LVII

I also believe Niners will do Purdy well against Chiefs

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think the Chiefs need to win this game more. If they lose, I am not so sure their won't light themselves on fire in the streets.

• Haha

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
Shanahan will find a way to blow this game. It’s what he does

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Chiefs defense has averaged on under 16 points given up over the last 8 weeks, and only 4 in the second half. They have not given up more than 7 pts in the second half since the GB game. Another slow start by the Niners could put them in serious trouble.