Who's on Pollard's List?

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
Every AD has a list of coaches to contact in every sport in case their coach leaves for whatever reason. Who do you think is on Pollard's list or who would you like to see? My list:

'A' List
Brad Stevens
Gregg Marshall
Shaka Smart
Mark Few
Jacque Vaughn

'B' List
Chris Mack--Xavier
Tad Boyle--Colorado
Tim Miles--Nebraska
Jerod Haase--UAB
Archie Miller--Dayton

My top choice, though, would Jeff Hornacek.

No doubt we would have top names contacting us, possibly some surprises. So much going on here now. Would definitely be attractive to big names. Just have to pick the best of the best. I have faith that Jamie would be up to the task.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
Tim Miles should probably move to the "A" list and I'd pay him 10 mil per year just to stick it to the huskers.

But ... that's why I'm not an AD.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I am really confused why Jacque Vaughn is on your list, your A list no less.

My A list has one name on it: Fred Hoiberg.

You may laugh at that but having that in my top desk drawer just reminds me to make sure Fred has everything he needs to be successful as possible right here at ISU.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
This is like deja vu, so I'll go with my last response:

His shortlist includes: Begging Fred to stay, begging on one knee for him to stay, begging with a bag of cash and a rose for him to stay, ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ..............................TJ

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189721&highlight=short+list

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
If Hoiberg leaves I'd like to see Pollard resign.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Every AD has a list of coaches to contact in every sport in case their coach leaves for whatever reason. Who do you think is on Pollard's list or who would you like to see? My list:

'A' List
Brad Stevens
Gregg Marshall
Shaka Smart
Mark Few
Jacque Vaughn

'B' List
Chris Mack--Xavier
Tad Boyle--Colorado
Tim Miles--Nebraska
Jerod Haase--UAB
Archie Miller--Dayton

No doubt we would have top names contacting us, possibly some surprises. So much going on here now. Would definitely be attractive to big names. Just have to pick the best of the best. I have faith that Jamie would be up to the task.
What, no Phil Jackson?

I take it you're an optimist. Recent success is almost solely attributable to Fred. Apart from Fred, I doubt the ISU job is all that highly-regarded.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
iowa-cheerleader-is-intense-during-michigan-game.gif

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

'A' List
Brad Stevens
Gregg Marshall
Shaka Smart
Mark Few
Jacque Vaughn

'B' List
Chris Mack--Xavier
Tad Boyle--Colorado
Tim Miles--Nebraska
Jerod Haase--UAB
Archie Miller--Dayton

Isn't Brad Stevens coaching the Celtics? And Hornacek the Suns? Mark Few has been coaching at Gonzaga since 1989 but now he'd be willing to leave?

You been smoking some kind of koolaid crack?

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
I am really confused why Jacque Vaughn is on your list, your A list no less.

My A list has one name on it: Fred Hoiberg.

You may laugh at that but having that in my top desk drawer just reminds me to make sure Fred has everything he needs to be successful as possible right here at ISU.

He's an NBA head coach. He's not having success, but I think he'd be good. Just my opinion.

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
Isn't Brad Stevens coaching the Celtics? And Hornacek the Suns? Mark Few has been coaching at Gonzaga since 1989 but now he'd be willing to leave?

You been smoking some kind of koolaid crack?

To be on your list, they don't have to be people that would 100% say yes. Stevens may not be happy in the NBA and looking. Hornacek may have that "one job" that he'd leave for. Wouldn't hurt to ask. Few may be looking for a new challenge/change of scenery. Who knows? He's flirted with programs before.

Help Support Us

Become a patron