Who's On Pollard's Short List?

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
CMC isn’t on the hot seat and shouldn’t be. He’s gotten us to new heights. While I absolutely agree that we’ve plateaued and currently have no momentum behind us, the new Big 12 has a lot of parity and opportunities for us. Now, we need to start gaining traction though as the Portal and NIL are only going to keep working against us.
You contradicted yourself about 4 times in this post.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Def ahead of us
OSU
KSU
KU
Arizona

Prob ahead of us
Utah
KU
WVU

Best case 5th, probably 8th and nothing but hope for next year.
KU must be really good be cause they have 2 teams better than ISU;)

I understand what you are saying about ISU's place in the Big12 pecking order. But other than OSU and UU, I don't feel there are any Big12 teams with sustained long term success. One could make a case for KSU, but I feel our talent has been similar, they just were coached better (Snyder recent years).

Feel like the Big12 is going to be wide open most years and dominance might be only 1 or 2 years. Aka TCU last year.

In part because Big10 and SEC are going to poach coaches from highly successful Big12 teams.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This has to be the 2nd dumbest thread of the year behind the Has The Rot Set In thread.

Yeah let's fire a coach that will pass McCarney for most wins next season and is one of the few coaches in our FB history that has more win than losses. Some here probably weren't alive during the Walden years to know what rot really looks like. Despite the disappointing loss yesterday I'm excited to see this group of players grow with 20 starters coming back. We didn't lose any key players to the transfer portal which the staff deserves credit for as well.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This has to be the 2nd dumbest thread of the year behind the Has The Rot Set In thread.

Yeah let's fire a coach that will pass McCarney for most wins next season and is one of the few coaches in our FB history that has more win than losses. Some here probably weren't alive during the Walden years to know what rot really looks like. Despite the disappointing loss yesterday I'm excited to see this group of players grow with 20 starters coming back. We didn't lose any key players to the transfer portal which the staff deserves credit for as well.
It's a CF tradition like no other. Win yesterday, and there are threads on our path to the playoff. Lose, and we get this.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

Great idea, let's go the Nebraska route and fire coaches for consistently making bowls with the occasional high tier bowl. That really has worked for Nebraska over the last 15 years.

ISU will never be a blue blood for multiple reasons but we know who we are (so does JP) so keep coaches that are great fits for our school that will deliver consistent success. Nebraska is still trying to recover and find realization they will never be a blue blood again for the same reasons ISU will never be a blue blood. Literally the only advantage they have over ISU was past elite success nearly 30 years ago.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Def ahead of us
OSU
KSU
KU
Arizona

Prob ahead of us
Utah
KU
WVU

Best case 5th, probably 8th and nothing but hope for next year.
I'm not sure I would agree with the poster you replied to that Iowa State is poised to be top 3 in the Big 12 next year.

However, I also would pretty strongly disagree with your post. Considering that we beat both OSU and KSU this year, I have a hard time saying that they are "definitely ahead of us" in any way.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I'm not sure I would agree with the poster you replied to that Iowa State is poised to be top 3 in the Big 12 next year.

However, I also would pretty strongly disagree with your post. Considering that we beat both OSU and KSU this year, I have a hard time saying that they are "definitely ahead of us" in any way.

I feel like OSU and UU have had a extended success, so they would be at the top of my Big12 ranking. Then KU and UA are trending upward and should have success as long as their current coaches stay. After that, I feel teams 5-10 with be interchangeable year-to-year. So the opportunity is there for ISU.

But unlike the Walden, McCarney, Chizek and Rhoads tenures, I haven't felt we are significantly inferior to any future Big12 team in regard to size, speed, etc. There were times in ISU's history where we looked like a HS team- completely overmatched physically.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC

both OSU and KSU this year. Both anomaly games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron