***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Adding to yesterday’s insanity, Morel is in the lineup today (yay) and isn’t Wisdom still on the team? Why did we have .218 with zero pop Madrigal hit for Morel with the bags juiced in the 5th?
V. 100 CC chose contact over power.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I've been trying to pass a kidney stone since early Wednesday morning and our bullpen is just making it worse.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If Hendricks can now be competitive and Taillon stays off IL Brown and Wesneski can really help the pen.
And Wicks’ return will add another solid arm whether it’s Wicks or Assad.

And I think Smyly should be getting close.

Maybe you look at Horton starting in the rotation next year but let him dip his toes in as a RP this year.

Anywho, help is needed but help is coming. Part of me hopes Brown becomes the closer

Reactions: HoustonClone

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
And Wicks’ return will add another solid arm whether it’s Wicks or Assad.

And I think Smyly should be getting close.

Maybe you look at Horton starting in the rotation next year but let him dip his toes in as a RP this year.

Anywho, help is needed but help is coming. Part of me hopes Brown becomes the closer
I'm still po'd the Cubs didn't bring back David Robertson this offseason. He was available for modest Neris-like money, he's a proven closer, he was very good for us when here. They need a pair of late-inning, veteran guys that are dependable, or this season will end up imploding.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm still po'd the Cubs didn't bring back David Robertson this offseason. He was available for modest Neris-like money, he's a proven closer, he was very good for us when here. They need a pair of late-inning, veteran guys that are dependable, or this season will end up imploding.
Neris is 9mil worth of headache.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Going to get more gray hairs with this relief group. Other than Leiter pretty shaky group.

Maybe Counsell needs to be innovative and take a tag team approach and limit innings the 1 inning relievers pitch. Go with something like below with starter hopefully pitching 5/6 innings, with the long reliever throwing 2-3 inning stints a couple times a week.

Imanaga (L) / Wesneski (R)
Taillon (R) / Wicks (L)
Assad (R) / Brown (R)
Steele (L) / Wesneski (R)
Hendricks (R) / Wicks (L)

Imanaga (L) / Brown (R)