Why is Kinnick Stadium considered historic?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I shouldn't say the pick didn't matter. The pick wasn't Stanley's fault, ISM didn't catch an easy ball. It shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway as the special teams TO is what really lost that game.

You thought that was a good ball thrown to the WR on the pick?

I will agree with you on the coaching costing you guys the game. Punt return mistakes like that shouldn't be an issue at the high school level, let alone the college level with proper coaching

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The pick didn't even matter. It was the fumbled punt return, and the muffed punt return that will the killers. Stanley played an excellent game vs the best defense by far that Iowa has faced this year.

Really?

Against ISU you scored 13 points and racked up 271 total yards.

Against Wisky you scored 17 points and racked up 404 total yards.

In fact, there was 819 total yards in that Wisky v Iowa game last night. B1G defense?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Really?

In fact, there was 819 total yards in that Wisky v Iowa game last night. B1G defense?

I was told on here that stuff didn't matter. I was told the OU defense was better than Iowa's even though ISU moved the ball like crazy and scored like 50X more points vs OU.

ThriceHawk

Mar 21, 2018
Really?

So Iowa was the second best offense ISU played last year?

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
There is a trophy for the Wisky-Hogeyes game? Since when? They didn’t even play in 2 of the last 10 seasons? Is it another attempt to create a rivalry, like the contrived ‘Heroes’ game with the Bugeaters? Trying awfully hard at something.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Losing to Wisconsin and losing the B1G West all in one night will trigger a fan. The Hawks want to win conference championships, so yeah it sucks big *** balls when we lose the biggest game of the year.
Still a lot of football left. With the schedule, good chance to climb back in.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Losing to Wisconsin and losing the B1G West all in one night will trigger a fan. The Hawks want to win conference championships, so yeah it sucks big *** balls when we lose the biggest game of the year.

You really think you lost the B1G West last night?

Not with Iowa's horrible schedule, and Wisky's much tougher schedule. Iowa still has a great chance at winning it.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I figured I'd be called out if I came here after beating ISU, but didn't after losing our Super Bowl to Wisconsin. Plus it's cathartic.

Well it's funny you'll defend your QB and coach to the death when they lose you the Big Ten West because they can do no wrong the rest of the season since they beat Iowa State

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I shouldn't say the pick didn't matter. The pick wasn't Stanley's fault, ISM didn't catch an easy ball. It shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway as the special teams TO is what really lost that game.

Jesus, you’re trying to outdo benj for being the biggest most insecure idiot on this site.

He threw a rocket on a 5 yard crossing route. And Wisconsin’s defense isn’t that good, they were exposed by BYU.

You’re stupid, and obviously you’re hurt because your hero got totally outcoached again last night in a big game where he had more talent.

Now run along and never ever come back