Why is Kinnick Stadium considered historic?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I figured I'd be called out if I came here after beating ISU, but didn't after losing our Super Bowl to Wisconsin. Plus it's cathartic.

So if Wisconsin is truly your biggest game of the year, your Super Bowl, your biggest rival, then I would also deduct from that that you spend more time on a Wisconsin message board then you would an ISU one, right? That's doubtful since you spend almost all day every day over here.

ThriceHawk

Mar 21, 2018
There is a trophy for the Wisky-Hogeyes game? Since when? They didn’t even play in 2 of the last 10 seasons? Is it another attempt to create a rivalry, like the contrived ‘Heroes’ game with the Bugeaters? Trying awfully hard at something.

I'd recommend leaving the trolls to CyTwins.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
There is a trophy for the Wisky-Hogeyes game? Since when? They didn’t even play in 2 of the last 10 seasons? Is it another attempt to create a rivalry, like the contrived ‘Heroes’ game with the Bugeaters? Trying awfully hard at something.
2004, but it's been a rivalry since before then. We've played Iowa almost 100 times.

Still a lot of football left. With the schedule, good chance to climb back in.
There is, but I do see Iowa's point. We play Penn State and Michigan away and at this point those are probably losses. I think Iowa loses to Penn State. They need us to lose one more game and they need to go perfect in the rest of their games to win the division. It's definitely possible, but I don't think it's likely

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've probably visited a Hawk fan site under 10 times in my life, but I had to go over to HR this morning to see how they were reacting to this loss.

It's really sad how they are treating Shaun Beyer over there today. Just a college kid trying his best out there, and they are ripping him apart. Feel for him. According to one Hawk fan, I guess KF kinda threw him under the bus too afterwards? Usually a coach won't do that, but instead say it was only one play among many that they didn't make, etc. This fan said KF called it "dumb" and that all the other players were getting away from it but him. Yikes.

The other hilarious thread over there is about how ticked off they were about Wisky running up the score on them with that last TD. Seriously? How little do you have to know about football to believe that was the case?

Iowa was one score away from winning the game. Wisky couldn't kneel because Iowa was calling timeouts and still had one left on that play. It was 3rd down and Wisky HAD to get a 1st down or risk giving the ball back to Iowa. They ran a running play to the fullback for crying out loud. Who would have thought that would go all the way for a TD? They just needed the 1st down. Did they expect the Wisky runner to slide after getting the 1st down or what?

One fan over there even said it was ok that they ran the play, but Wisky should have had their backups in. Uhh... wut? Wisky HAD to get a 1st down to seal the game away, why would you have your backups in? Gawwd they are dumb over there.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
But no ‘trophy’ until 2004 at which time they weren’t playing each other every year. Got it.
I'm sure Ohio State and Michigan will be really interested to hear that you need a trophy for it to be a rivalry game.

And in the 124 years since Wisconsin and Iowa first played, they have played 92 times, the series is 47-43-2 for Wisconsin, and of the 32 years they didn't play, 25 of those game before 1924.

Maybe you just have a difficult time figuring out what's a rivalry, but trust me, it's a rivalry.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Well it's funny you'll defend your QB and coach to the death when they lose you the Big Ten West because they can do no wrong the rest of the season since they beat Iowa State

Stanley played a great game last night, it was good to see him shake off the early season rust. It was fun beating ISU, but losing our Super Bowl last night stung, it stung real good. I'll probably be pretty salty about that loss for awhile.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've probably visited a Hawk fan site under 10 times in my life, but I had to go over to HR this morning to see how they were reacting to this loss.

It's really sad how they are treating Shaun Beyer over there today. Just a college kid trying his best out there, and they are ripping him apart. Feel for him. According to one Hawk fan, I guess KF kinda threw him under the bus too afterwards? Usually a coach won't do that, but instead say it was only one play among many that they didn't make, etc. This fan said KF called it "dumb" and that all the other players were getting away from it but him. Yikes.

The other hilarious thread over there is about how ticked off they were about Wisky running up the score on them with that last TD. Seriously? How little do you have to know about football to believe that was the case?

Iowa was one score away from winning the game. Wisky couldn't kneel because Iowa was calling timeouts and still had one left on that play. It was 3rd down and Wisky HAD to get a 1st down or risk giving the ball back to Iowa. They ran a running play to the fullback for crying out loud. Who would have thought that would go all the way for a TD? They just needed the 1st down. Did they expect the Wisky runner to slide after getting the 1st down or what?

One fan over there even said it was ok that they ran the play, but Wisky should have had their backups in. Uhh... wut? Wisky HAD to get a 1st down to seal the game away, why would you have your backups in? Gawwd they are dumb over there.

That is on KF not on Beyer. Bush league to criticize Beyer for that

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Stanley played a great game last night, it was good to see him shake off the early season rust. It was fun beating ISU, but losing our Super Bowl last night stung, it stung real good. I'll probably be pretty salty about that loss for awhile.

He finished the game 2-9 with an INT and missed a wide open receiver. You're being salty and uneducated right now

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
That is on KF not on Beyer. Bush league to criticize Beyer for that

Saying a kid made a mistake is criticism now? Stanley made mistakes as well, every player on the field made a mistake last night. It happens all the time, on nearly every play a mistake occurs from one of the 22 kids on the field.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Saying a kid made a mistake is criticism now? Stanley made mistakes as well, every player on the field made a mistake last night. It happens all the time, on nearly every play a mistake occurs from one of the 22 kids on the field.

That play was 100% on KF and you know it. To call him out for that is ridiculous

• Disagree

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Shake off rust? I wonder if there were some Hawks on here that laughed at the thought that ISU really needed that week one game this year?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I said week 1, not game 1......
Great reading job.

Every team has to play their first game. If you wanna say that makes it ok to lose that, then that is your opinion. I know I would be ticked if Iowa lost to NIU, and I wouldn't say it was because it was their first game.