Wild coaching theory on Miller and Deace

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
They were speculating on this, so there is no fact behind it. They wondered if Jacobsen could get a better job offer considering UNI's success. Then McDermott would return to UNI, where coincidentally his son will be playing.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
They needed to fill time so they brought that one out of left field. Most of us are realistic enough to know that won't happen.

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Maybe Jon and Steve would be willing to take a 70% pay cut but I doubt that McDermott would.

The pay cut and the move to UNI may not be voluntary.

Obviously this topic was hypothetical by Steve and Jon, but next season is not going to be any better than this if you look at the roster. I think McD is the benifactor of hard economic times, budgets, and previous coaching changes that affected future payrolls. Obviously, that is just my opinion and is not shared by all.

Reactions: twojman
S

st8

They needed to fill time so they brought that one out of left field. Most of us are realistic enough to know that won't happen.

you mean jon miller would be willing to talk about something he essentially made up just to pass time, or get fans all riled up on his radio show? noooooo..... :confused:.
I honestly can't listen to him anymore. at least deace brings some common sense and some legitimate insight on most sports related issues to the program, while jon sits there in astonishment of someone who actually has an in depth knowledge of sports outside of EIU.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
you mean jon miller would be willing to talk about something he essentially made up just to pass time, or get fans all riled up on his radio show? noooooo..... :confused:.
I honestly can't listen to him anymore. at least deace brings some common sense and some legitimate insight on most sports related issues to the program, while jon sits there in astonishment of someone who actually has an in depth knowledge of sports outside of EIU.

I think Jon is much more insightful than Deace on ISU related stories. Deace just picks something (often makes something up) to rant and rave about, and uses that "intensity" to sound like he knows anything. He impresses me less and less every time he opens his mouth.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
The pay cut and the move to UNI may not be voluntary.

Obviously this topic was hypothetical by Steve and Jon, but next season is not going to be any better than this if you look at the roster. I think McD is the benifactor of hard economic times, budgets, and previous coaching changes that affected future payrolls. Obviously, that is just my opinion and is not shared by all.

Great post. I think McD is also lucky ISU won a bowl game, this takes some heat off of him. I agree, next season is not going to be pretty either.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
They were speculating on this, so there is no fact behind it. They wondered if Jacobsen could get a better job offer considering UNI's success. Then McDermott would return to UNI, where coincidentally his son will be playing.

I hear Lick will be coaching at I.C. Regina next year. Shall we talk about it for an hour?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Great post. I think McD is also lucky ISU won a bowl game, this takes some heat off of him. I agree, next season is not going to be pretty either.

This season isn't over yet. It could still be pretty, as could next year is Phillips and Ejim blend into the mix and Gilstrap comes back.

I am just continually amazed at how many "fans" have completely given up on this team. :no:

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
It's obviously unlikely for a number of reasons, but the theory is at least intriguing to ponder.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
While unlikely, if he left voluntarily to go to UNI it would get us out of a huge buyout.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
And someone content with losing is a happy loser. Quiting tryers...and happy losers. Looks like we have all the bases covered here at ISU.

How is this year's basketball team already "losers"?

Shouldn't you wait until the end of the year before you make that judgment?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And someone content with losing is a happy loser. Quiting tryers...and happy losers. Looks like we have all the bases covered here at ISU.

Get some freaking perspective. We've lost 5 times this year. 2 of those losses were to teams that are #1 or #2 seeds in March. 2 of those losses are to probable NCAA tournament teams.

We've beat who we were supposed. We don't have a marque win yet, but to call this team losers is pretty darn stupid.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Get some freaking perspective. We've lost 5 times this year. 2 of those losses were to teams that are #1 or #2 seeds in March. 2 of those losses are to probable NCAA tournament teams.

We've beat who we were supposed. We don't have a marque win yet, but to call this team losers is pretty darn stupid.

Lighten up francis......and read the context of this thread and you will know of what I was responding to

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron