~ Wild Weather Tonight! ~

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
My big brave shih-tzu has not been loving the last 30 minutes of her life! Tornado sirens, booming thunder and lightning, earth shaking wind, and hail pounding the house...she has pooped three times!

Reactions: 4VR4CY

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
I live in west Omaha

1.5"-2" hail at my house.

Saw an awesome wall cloud driving home from work but no tornado.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
My big brave shih-tzu has not been loving the last 30 minutes of her life! Tornado sirens, booming thunder and lightning, earth shaking wind, and hail pounding the house...she has pooped three times!

LOL :biglaugh:

Sorry, scary situation, but that was funny.

Meanwhile, Omaha is not out of the woods just yet. More intense storms coming in from the southwest. The tornadic storm is currently north of Omaha moving northeast towards Missouri Valley.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Tornado Warning Issued For Southeastern Neb.
source: KETV - Omaha
published: 40 minutes ago

A tornado warning has been issued for northwestern gage County and southeastern Lancaster County in southeast Nebraska until 5 p.m.

Isn't Lincoln in Lancaster County?

MrsWx4Cy

Dec 5, 2007
I don't think it's me you want....hang on, let me get MrsWx....

Crazy storms now in eastern NE. They will probably merge into more of a squall line and race into western IA over the next hour. While there are torn warnings now, our primary threats look to be heavy rain, hail and wind and we might not see them in central IA until after 9pm anyway. I'd say tune into Mac to stay up to date this evening.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Crazy storms now in eastern NE. They will probably merge into more of a squall line and race into western IA over the next hour. While there are torn warnings now, our primary threats look to be heavy rain, hail and wind and we might not see them in central IA until after 9pm anyway. I'd say tune into Mac to stay up to date this evening.

Thanks as always!

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Also a good idea to dust off the weather radios tonight and make sure you've got everything programmed for the correct counties you want. As has been posted already, the tornado threat is likely at a minimum for central IA, but a good "dress rehearsal" nonetheless.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Also a good idea to dust off the weather radios tonight and make sure you've got everything programmed for the correct counties you want. As has been posted already, the tornado threat is likely at a minimum for central IA, but a good "dress rehearsal" nonetheless.

Speaking of weather radios. Any good ones out there with decent am radio reception.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
it will be nothing more than a tstorm
go to weatherunderground.com any local news stations other than channel 5 for the most part are way off. my job constantly revolves around the weather so I look all the time
i would also reccomend NOAA.org for the weather

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
UPDATE: Fareway was not that bad. All of the old ladies must have gone between Oprah and Wheel of Fortune.