Will ISU make a Bowl Game? YES! Which One? LIBERTY BOWL 12/29

Will ISU make a Bowl Game (Final Record)?

• No (3-9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (4-8)

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No (5-7)

Votes: 127 30.8%
  • Yes (5-7)

Votes: 31 7.5%
  • Yes (6-6)

Votes: 189 45.9%
  • Yes (7-5)

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Yes (8-4)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Yes (9-3)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I think Campbell enjoys a challenge, and playing Memphis on their home field is a way bigger challenge then a terrible Minnesota team. And I don't think we would but God help us if we would actually lose to Minnesota. Vomit.
beating Minnesota in the Trice throwback uniforms would be an all time middle finger though

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
beating Minnesota in the Trice throwback uniforms would be an all time middle finger though
Then throw in that it was rumored that ISU also considered the boat rower when we grabbed Matt. Matt could kick Fleck to the curb.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I had a blast at the 2005 Houston Bowl. Toured NASA, visited Galveston Wharves, walked the beach. The lots weren't packed, but we had plenty of fun at our tailgate tossing the ol' pigskin on a beautiful day. I like going to bowl games to briefly escape Iowa winter.
It was a heck of a lot more fun than Shreveport from a band member perspective. Can't speak to player experience obviously.

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
Drive to the Liberty Bowl, save for next season as it’s 12 team Playoff which may require more traveling by air as ISU should be better pending the d backfield players Iowa State loses and brings in.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well, if your team plays in the West, the fans have earned the bowl if they had to watch 9 games of that crap.
True. And given what they see week in and week out, they might mistake our offense for the Dolphins.

Reactions: BCClone

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm not saying it wouldn't. I was merely talking about what Campbell would want challenge wise. Winning against a team (a better team than Minnesota too) on their home turf is a greater challenge then playing a team that only got into the matchup because of grades.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Drive to the Liberty Bowl, save for next season as it’s 12 team Playoff which may require more traveling by air as ISU should be better pending the d backfield players Iowa State loses and brings in.
200w.gif

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
It was a heck of a lot more fun than Shreveport from a band member perspective. Can't speak to player experience obviously.
I served in the trombone section of ISUCF"V"MB from 2001-2003. I remember being disappointed with how cold it was in Shreveport for the 2001 trip vs Bama (back when they were very mediocre). In 2004 I attended as a fan in the stands. I remember that being more fun. I think the weather was a bit nicer as well.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
If we get Liberty, I do NOT want another G5 opponent....what is with us, the Liberty Bowl and drawing G5 opponents....Tulsa, Memphis, and some are saying Memphis or UTSA if we were to get Liberty......it is a Big 12/SEC tie-in and Kentucky and Auburn are right there as the 7-5, 6-6 teams that typically go to the Liberty Bowl.

I really want the Guaranteed Rate bowl in Phoenix.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I'm not saying it wouldn't. I was merely talking about what Campbell would want challenge wise. Winning against a team (a better team than Minnesota too) on their home turf is a greater challenge then playing a team that only got into the matchup because of grades.
how about a 7-5 Northwestern or 7-5 Maryland?

Reactions: jctisu

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Meetings in Orlando next week. Really don't want to go back that soon but..... I have another meeting in Tampa in February to. I guess we will all know soon enough.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
If we get Liberty, I do NOT want another G5 opponent....what is with us, the Liberty Bowl and drawing G5 opponents....Tulsa, Memphis, and some are saying Memphis or UTSA if we were to get Liberty......it is a Big 12/SEC tie-in and Kentucky and Auburn are right there as the 7-5, 6-6 teams that typically go to the Liberty Bowl.

I really want the Guaranteed Rate bowl in Phoenix.
Not disagreeing, however I want to keep this conversation going.

Let's assume, that the internal preference of the staff is Phoenix and there is some lobbying for that with the Liberty Bowl. Some of the reasons this might happen would be playing a P5 opponent vs a G5 and a new destination that more fans might travel to(acknowledging the 12/26 date could be more difficult). But what's in it for Liberty not to take us? At that point, they would assumedly have some combination of ISU, K State, Kansas, WVU, Tech or UCF as their available options. K State(twice), Kansas and WVU have been there in the last 4 years so unless one of those fan bases are more fired up than we are to make a return trip to Memphis then what is their incentive to choose any of them to let us get to Phoenix?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Pollard doesn't want PHX because it is the day after Christmas. It makes it difficult to sell our ticket allotment and hurts our travel reputation.
One of my better decisions in bowl trips was to fly to S.A. on Christmas day. We had reservations/table on the Riverwalk that night. It wasn't too busy yet.

I know everyone can't pull off being away from family on Christmas, luckily we can because our family is also ISU heavy.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
PSA for those unaware of UTSA or haven’t watched them: you don’t want any part of playing them in a bowl. They are legit and will go balls to the wall, Super Bowl style.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron