Will Rico Gathers be suspended?

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
It doesn't matter, some A hole from Baylor who averages 6 pts a game will end up scoring 24 in a ******** shooting night on us.

**** Baylor, find a way to get the win Clones!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
There wasn't a foul called was there? Didn't play continue and Monte get raked across the face a few seconds later - and that guy got kicked out.

Yup. By Eron Harris...who then hitched up his shorts & walked away. Harris now plays at Mich State.

Edit: should have continued reading...others already posted this. :)

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Did the Tech player end up with Stitches?

There was no way he was going for the ball on that play. Y'all crazy if you think he was trying to do anything other than lay the Tech player out.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If they were going to issue suspensions for this, then guys like Kane and Hogue would be getting life bans

Uh, no. The worst done by Hogue was the karate kick (which was just Hogue going crazy, not taking a cheap shot) and Kane with the eye gouge (for which he was making a defensive play to strip the ball as it came up). I can't remember seeing someone just go "all Laimbeer" like that. Unless it looks much worse from that angle than it really was, I think he deserves a suspension.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Uh, no. The worst done by Hogue was the karate kick (which was just Hogue going crazy, not taking a cheap shot) and Kane with the eye gouge (for which he was making a defensive play to strip the ball as it came up). I can't remember seeing someone just go "all Laimbeer" like that. Unless it looks much worse from that angle than it really was, I think he deserves a suspension.

Oh, Hogue's was a cheap shot, but it was the funniest damn cheap shot I've ever seen.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No. Hogue got a flagrant 1, E-eron got a flagrant 2.

As I recall, they did not blow the whistle on Hogue's kick, but for Harris's swipe at Morris. Then, when they looked at the replay, they called Hogue also. Very strange sequence in lots of ways.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
cropped_hogue-kick.gif

Involuntary reaction. Same thing happened to me in the grocery store yesterday while I was reaching for some Rotel.

Man, that old lady was ******.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I have no idea how someone can watch that and think Gathers made a play on the ball. The guy didn't even jump. He swatted at a guy and basically clothes lined him.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't know the answer to the OP's question but I do know the answer to this question?

Will Rico Gathers rob a Wal-Mart?

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
I've always thought that Hogue kick looked involuntary and un-premeditated.

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
If they were going to issue suspensions for this, then guys like Kane and Hogue would be getting life bans

I just don't get why people say things like this. Simply not true that either were dirty players. Gathers was clearly not making a play on the ball. next time a player gets hurt. only then is he punished? basketball is not football.

reaCY

Mar 21, 2014
I have no idea how someone can watch that and think Gathers made a play on the ball. The guy didn't even jump. He swatted at a guy and basically clothes lined him.

Well if Chris Williams favorite coach in the Big12 didn't suspend him then there is nothing left to discuss. We all know, or should know, CW is in love with the Baylor ethics!

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Motley is who I'm worried about. He owns Mckay inside.