Williams and Blum: Duggan Story VERY inaccurate

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
@brentblum - coming from someone who has raised two boys (in a family of four), what I can share with you is that it pays to look for those “bear traps” (where sports intersect with life). The odds are good that as the kiddos get older, sports will generally dominate the TV and your away from home activities.

The balancing of this comes from moments like you described where sports take a back seat and you focus on your kids and their life events, and / or your wife. Trust me, it is harder to do than it sounds, but it will pay dividends.

Besides, in today’s day and age, recording and watching later is way easier than it used to be.

“Wisdom is the right application of knowledge.”

Last edited:
Reactions: brentblum

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
@brentblum - coming from someone who has raised two boys (in a family of four), what I can share with you is that it pays to look for those “bear traps” (where sports intersect with life). The odds are good that as the kiddos get older, sports will generally dominate the TV and you’re away from home activities.

The balancing of this comes from moments like you described where sports take a back seat and you focus on your kids and their life events, and / or your wife. Trust me, it is harder to do than it sounds, but it will pay dividends.

Besides, in today’s day and age, recording and watching later is way easier than it used to be.

“Wisdom is the right application of knowledge.”
Thank you! Always a challenge because I want to come off as knowledgeable on the podcast and elsewhere and hard to balance sometimes. Appreciate your advice.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
What do guys like him and Sanders gain then by taking a 5th year at 23 years old to transfer out of a program they’re highly successful in and spend 1 year in an entirely new system? If he was an NFL prospect, what does he gain by this move?

Ask Gardner Minshew. And Max Duggan is an NFL prospect.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Plus, let’s not forget, that prior to this year, Duggan hadn’t beat us yet. We owned him prior to him thrashing us this year.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Heard from someone that claims to know the Duggans that he’s probably hanging it up even if he got a shot in the NFL.

Mother Debbie is from our area. Haven’t heard that. Maybe I’ll run into his uncle sometime and ask.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Thank you! Always a challenge because I want to come off as knowledgeable on the podcast and elsewhere and hard to balance sometimes. Appreciate your advice.
You do have some cover though……I know that I can’t get away with saying(with a straight face anyways) that the game is even remotely connected to work……

So you have that going for you……….which is nice……

Reactions: brentblum