Wilton Speight Transferring From Michigan

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
If he was the guy starting for Michigan against OSU, I would want no part of him. He was missing open receivers the entire game. Poor decision making.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If Park doesn't return for his senior season I'd take a shot at him. We'd need some experienced depth behind Zeb and a previous starter at another power 5 would fit the bill.

That's what I was thinking. It may hinge on the return/non-return of Park. Having an experienced "insurance" senior as a transition backup wouldn't be the worst thing.

He suffered a back injury this season. Apparently he's taking snaps in practice, with no contact. Uncertain if the injury situation would have carry-over.

Stat line from 2016: 204-of-331, 2,538 yards, 18 touchdowns, 7 interceptions. (Granted, that was playing for a 10-3 team).

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
If Park doesn't return for his senior season I'd take a shot at him. We'd need some experienced depth behind Zeb and a previous starter at another power 5 would fit the bill.

Agree. We don't need him to start, but a quality backup that would not tie up a scholarship for long is worth a look. I suspect we may be considering a JUCO, so a grad transfer (if he is one) makes even more sense.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Kempt hadn't taken a snap before transferring here. He turned out ok.

If coach needs a QB, this guy wouldn't be the worst option as of now. Rather have a dude with only one year left than reach on a juco.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kempt hadn't taken a snap before transferring here. He turned out ok.

If coach needs a QB, this guy wouldn't be the worst option as of now. Rather have a dude with only one year left than reach on a juco.
In theory that sounds fine but this guy isn't going to transfer to be a backup I'm 100% fine sticking with Zeb if Park doesn't come back.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm so confused on how Michigan doesn't have a half way decent QB. If they had a half way decent QB they would have beaten OSU.
You would think a place like Michigan would have all capable qbs on the roster, but apparently not. They were basically playing their 3rd stringer last week and he is not good at all.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You would think a place like Michigan would have all capable qbs on the roster, but apparently not. They were basically playing their 3rd stringer last week and he is not good at all.

And had they had a QB who could throw to wide open guys they would have won.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Question is will he throw more picks or have more injuries wherever he lands? Not sure he’s an upgrade to Zeb. We’ll have a QB with a great arm, so long as he can continue to develop his reads and decision making.

This isn't necessarily about "upgrading." It's about getting a body on the roster who has been through more than one spring in CFB.