WJ has contacted Kentucky...

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Now, don't sell yourself short. You aren't speculating. You KNOW what's going on. You guys have the inside dirt that UK swooped in take Johnson away. You need to go to the NCAA and see if you can get UK the death penalty. Don't let some small things like evidence, concrete facts and the like deter you.

Whoa, buddy. That's a pretty broad stroke you're painting with.

Very few people know really what went on. We definitely are speculating here, as our Athletic Dept. likely is. All we are saying is that something strange happened, and there quickly was "smoke" around Kentucky, as well as Alabama.

I don't fault you for defending your school; that's what I would do...but probably not on another school's message board. I simply maintain that if you look at the situation from a different perspective, you may see that the possibility of shady dealings exists, regardless of whether UK was involved or not.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Now, don't sell yourself short. You aren't speculating. You KNOW what's going on. You guys have the inside dirt that UK swooped in take Johnson away. You need to go to the NCAA and see if you can get UK the death penalty. Don't let some small things like evidence, concrete facts and the like deter you.

Unless you put in some really serious time researching it, you wouldn't be able to tell that the "reputable" posters on this forum are pretty much leaning toward the hypothesis of "if there is fire" it is most likely a third party, not a university directly involved.

But if you really want to attack high post-count and reputable individuals over what a casual poster has stated, feel free.

But it would pretty much define why you are here.... (Now where is that "troll" emoticon????)

Take the high road, dude. I know I'm trying to....

KYISSUPREME

May 21, 2008
Whoa, buddy. That's a pretty broad stroke you're painting with.

Very few people know really what went on. We definitely are speculating here, as our Athletic Dept. likely is. All we are saying is that something strange happened, and there quickly was "smoke" around Kentucky, as well as Alabama.

I don't fault you for defending your school; that's what I would do...but probably not on another school's message board. I simply maintain that if you look at the situation from a different perspective, you may see that the possibility of shady dealings exists, regardless of whether UK was involved or not.

Seriously, I was just goofing with you guys. For the most part, you are guys are good people. Best of luck to you. Hopefully, ISU gets on track and forgets all about Johnson. Again, best of luck to you.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Seriously, I was just goofing with you guys. For the most part, you are guys are good people. Best of luck to you. Hopefully, ISU gets on track and forgets all about Johnson. Again, best of luck to you.

It'll happen. I think the shock is dying down. Now we're mostly waiting for the answers to our questions, whatever the answers might be.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

Same to you. If WJ ends up at UK, you will love him. That is if he can stick around for his final two years of eligibility.:wink::no:

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Our inside guys never said anything about UK. They said there is something going on and it is not straight up. And they said it is a circle of people involved. They only thing we know about KY is it looks like Wesley is a canidate to go there. It is not out of the realm of possibility that there was a middleman working on this for BCG.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I promise you that losing Legion and Jasper is a much greater hit than losing Wesley Johnson.

I promise you are wrong on this. Wes J is better than those two. Unfortunately his injury last year prevented him from showing just how good he is. Now losing Legion and Jasper is a big lose, but a much greater hit is incorrect

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
If UK wants Wes out of his scholly (debt to ISU)...how much of a donation do we need to get the stadium and practice facility built, crap cut the middle man out and pay the source. Creative lending 101.:idea:

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
ISU needs a college of Law. Think of the advantages:

1. Find no-risk methods of player tampering.

2. Get out of jail free cards for players.

3. Hidden payoffs to recruits and families.

4. Stand up to NCAA sanctions.

5. Tax loopholes for donors.

6. Find better ways of academic achievement.

7. Easier termination of deadbeats from staff.

We are at a severe disadvantage!

The past 8 NCAA football champions have a law school.

The past 25 NCAA basketball champions have a law school.

Our friends, Kentucky and Alabama both have law schools, along with EIU, Miami, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Florida State, Ohio State, - basically anyone with suspected violations.

Don't forget Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon were both lawyers.

We're missing out!!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
ISU needs a college of Law. Think of the advantages:

1. Find no-risk methods of player tampering.

2. Get out of jail free cards for players.

3. Hidden payoffs to recruits and families.

4. Stand up to NCAA sanctions.

5. Tax loopholes for donors.

6. Find better ways of academic achievement.

7. Easier termination of deadbeats from staff.

We are at a severe disadvantage!

The past 8 NCAA football champions have a law school.

The past 25 NCAA basketball champions have a law school.

Our friends, Kentucky and Alabama both have law schools, along with EIU, Miami, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Florida State, Ohio State, - basically anyone with suspected violations.

Don't forget Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon were both lawyers.

We're missing out!!

I never thought I'd see that stat!! Much less anyone saying that we don't have enough lawyers and wanna-be lawyers.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Kentucky guys

If Wesley ends up in a Kentucky uniform, there will be a huge cloud from this over your program. The stories don't mesh. There is a hint of a scandal going on.

Wes to Kentucky could easily mean some dirty went on at some level. If national sports guys(fran Fraschilla) are noticing this, I guarantee you that it will be looked at through a microscope.

If he really was just out to screw ISU, do you want a guy like that on your team??

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Can we get a CyBookie event how how many times the same exact thing can be said in a slightly different way on a message board? I would set the over/under at around 5000.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Looks like Kentucky has NOT tried to get permission to talk to Wes yet...

ISU basketball: Schools seek permission to speak with Wesley Johnson | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

The Des Moines Register requested a list of schools requesting permission to talk to Johnson through Iowa’s open records law.

As of today, those schools were Arkansas, Cincinnati, Marquette, Ohio State, Mississippi, Sam Houston State, Southern Methodist, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Wyoming.

northernclone

Apr 11, 2006
Minnesota

This is not intended to be a dig at Wesley... but he definitely should look for a school where, a) he is not asked to be the marquee star (not sure he's cut out for the pressure), and b) a tough coach (if he thinks McD is tough... he's in for a rude awakening with some others).

I honestly think the 1st point is the most key. It takes a degree of mental toughness to be that person.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
As of today, those schools were Arkansas, Cincinnati, Marquette, Ohio State, Mississippi, Sam Houston State, Southern Methodist, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Wyoming.

No Alabama or Kentucky listed. We should let only Wyoming talk to Wes.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

No Alabama or Kentucky listed. We should let only Wyoming talk to Wes.

I'd also let him go to Sam Houston State and SMU, let him toil in obscurity for a while. If he thought his chances of making the NBA were slim at ISU, see what he thinks about playing at those schools.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If he thought his chances of making the NBA were slim at ISU, see what he thinks about playing at those schools.

If WJ is good enough to play in the NBA, he'll end up in the NBA. What Div I school he goes to isn't really going to affect that. NBA scouts are all over the place...

Last edited: