WNBA Draft Today

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
This is to the two or three people who are mocking and being a tad jerkish about this thread. If you dont like it, dont read it. Believe it or not, there are folks in the ISU community who enjoy women's sports. And it is OK if you don't. But what are you proving by coming on here and bashing other fan's for their interests that happen to not agree with yours. It is apparent you get your jollies out of proving what a real fan you are, but consider others.

If you need it, I will say it to you to make you happy, "My, how you have proven what a wonderful sports fan you are!" Now please be considerate of the rest of us.

And, congratulations Kelsey... that is a great accomplishment!

Reactions: cyclone13

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This is to the two or three people who are mocking and being a tad jerkish about this thread. If you dont like it, dont read it. Believe it or not, there are folks in the ISU community who enjoy women's sports. And it is OK if you don't. But what are you proving by coming on here and bashing other fan's for their interests that happen to not agree with yours. It is apparent you get your jollies out of proving what a real fan you are, but consider others.

You misread us. We are not bashing fans. We are bashing a horrible league that does not deserve a minute of ESPN time or time at all. It's a league that is only going because the main league the NBA keeps dishing them money they don't have. There rating are a disaster and rank right up there with bowling and Curling. Both of which I would rip if they had a draft as well. Also I would imagine that there are about 4 people who have watched a full WNBA game on this forum.
So don't get me wrong. I am not bashing the WNBA fan. I personally like him. I am instead bashing a horrible basketball league taht nobody has any interest in anyway.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

If you need it, I will say it to you to make you happy, "My, how you have proven what a wonderful sports fan you are!" Now please be considerate of the rest of us.

Relax the WNBA sucks, there is no way you follow it religously. Good for Kelsey Bolte though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She might sneak into the second round but she'll likely be third round if drafted. She'll have an uphill battle to make a roster.

She should certainly get a chance to play overseas if she wants to. It's a decent chance to live overseas and make a little money with your expenses paid. We have had a number of our Cyclones do this. Maybe she can do that and recruit us a fabulous Euro star in the making! :smile:

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
You misread us. We are not bashing fans. We are bashing a horrible league that does not deserve a minute of ESPN time or time at all. It's a league that is only going because the main league the NBA keeps dishing them money they don't have. There rating are a disaster and rank right up there with bowling and Curling. Both of which I would rip if they had a draft as well. Also I would imagine that there are about 4 people who have watched a full WNBA game on this forum.
So don't get me wrong. I am not bashing the WNBA fan. I personally like him. I am instead bashing a horrible basketball league taht nobody has any interest in anyway.

I would wager that when Curling is on during the Olympics it CRUSHES the highest ever rated WNBA game.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008

so what..let the women have their pro league. Is it that bothersome to you?

Bill Fennelly has recruited women who are humble, dedicated, hard-working, educated, studious, loyal, and are great representatives of the university---which is a hell of a lot more than you can say about any men's program in the NCAA

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

How's that soapbox you're on? We're all ISU women's basketball fans but this is a thread about the WNBA draft and we're just pointing out the WNBA totally sucks. You say you enjoy women's sports...I bet you couldn't watch every second of an WNBA game and be into it, you can admit it

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

We get it Meg, your a guy now...

meg-giriffin-lesbo.jpg

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
much like the NBA, with the WNBA, I tune in for the playoffs. The women's game is a growing sport, and has some markets where it does fairly well.

The biggest problem is that the WNBA is the premiere women's basketball league in the world, but the International markets is where the money is. There would be a lot of International respect lost for US sports without the WNBA.

Say what you will about women's basketball in general, it is a growing sport.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
much like the NBA, with the WNBA, I tune in for the playoffs. The women's game is a growing sport, and has some markets where it does fairly well.

The biggest problem is that the WNBA is the premiere women's basketball league in the world, but the International markets is where the money is. There would be a lot of International respect lost for US sports without the WNBA.

Say what you will about women's basketball in general, it is a growing sport.

Maybe on an international scale but I hope you didn't mean the WNBA. It's been around 15 years and hasn't gained any ground with average sports fans in this country.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
the WNBA should take some hints from the lingerie football league. We only want to watch woman play sports if they do it in their undies. And sexy ones at that.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I would wager that when Curling is on during the Olympics it CRUSHES the highest ever rated WNBA game.
Why would say that? Have you had sensitivity trainlng lately. You must like to kick them when they are down. These pros make $50k a year to show their tools.:rolleyes:

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
How's that soapbox you're on? We're all ISU women's basketball fans but this is a thread about the WNBA draft and we're just pointing out the WNBA totally sucks. You say you enjoy women's sports...I bet you couldn't watch every second of an WNBA game and be into it, you can admit it

Sadly, I was expecting this. In my post I never attacked anyone personally, other than to suggest not attacking others. So that is a soapbox? And as has been said elsewhere on the thread, this started as a discussion about Kelsey Bolte's chance at an opportunity to play beyond college. The WNBA may suck to you and may suck to others, but that doesn't mean it totally sucks to everyone. The sun doesn't rise and set in your posterior.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Sadly, I was expecting this. In my post I never attacked anyone personally, other than to suggest not attacking others. So that is a soapbox? And as has been said elsewhere on the thread, this started as a discussion about Kelsey Bolte's chance at an opportunity to play beyond college. The WNBA may suck to you and may suck to others, but that doesn't mean it totally sucks to everyone. The sun doesn't rise and set in your posterior.

Agree with this and your previous post. I only dislike the WNBA because for the most part they discarded most of the cyclones that were drafted and the ones that did make a roster hardly played.

Reactions: cyclone13

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
A bit off-topic here, and I only really started the thread because I'm a bit bored at the moment and wanted to see if Bolte got drafted or not, but regarding women's basketball I thought that women's championship game last week was x 10 more entertaining than watching UCONN and Butler struggle to make shots.

Reactions: simville02

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I don't watch the WNBA at all (I've always been busy either working and/or playing/coaching baseball), but I was glad to see both Kach and Bolte get drafted. I don't think I could get into a WNBA game simply because I'm not familiar with hardly any of the players. But I do get VERY into college women's basketball, at least when Iowa or ISU is playing (or when I've got a bet placed on UCONN/Stanford/etc.). It's not even close to as bad as many make it out to be.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron