Women #11 in AP Week 10

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
A steady climb to the top is usually better than a sudden surge. If the Cyclones take care of business this week it is highly possible (IMO) that they will be the top ranked team in big 12 in next weeks poll. Baylor is going on the road to play WVU, and for the life of me I can not figure why they are not in the top 25 rankings. I watched them Sunday as they handled OSU in Stillwater. BU still has some pieces that haven't quite come together yet. Odyssey has been covering them up pretty well with her 30 point per game avg. WV will throw 5 good players out at them and unless Sune (post) starts having steady games and at least one more freshmen suddenly comes to the front they very well may need Sims to score 50 up there to come home winners. Still too early to call, but I still believe ISU has the tools to do it this year if they don't go into a funk.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
A steady climb to the top is usually better than a sudden surge. If the Cyclones take care of business this week it is highly possible (IMO) that they will be the top ranked team in big 12 in next weeks poll. Baylor is going on the road to play WVU, and for the life of me I can not figure why they are not in the top 25 rankings. I watched them Sunday as they handled OSU in Stillwater. BU still has some pieces that haven't quite come together yet. Odyssey has been covering them up pretty well with her 30 point per game avg. WV will throw 5 good players out at them and unless Sune (post) starts having steady games and at least one more freshmen suddenly comes to the front they very well may need Sims to score 50 up there to come home winners. Still too early to call, but I still believe ISU has the tools to do it this year if they don't go into a funk.

I will be curious to see how BU matches up with Busse. Higgins looks full of potential, but seems she needs to be tougher in rebounding.

Agree, I think WV is the sleeper in this conference. I anticipate another slugfest similar the Louisville game, which BU was cheated out of by the refs.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I will be curious to see how BU matches up with Busse. Higgins looks full of potential, but seems she needs to be tougher in rebounding.

Agree, I think WV is the sleeper in this conference. I anticipate another slugfest similar the Louisville game, which BU was cheated out of by the refs.
Sune may very well shut Busse down. Defense is her strong suit, I mean she's like a wild gyrocopter in there, slapping and swatting all over the place. Staying out of foul trouble, Well? we shall see. And scoring? Thats the big question. I've started calling her "popcorn" because she shoots just like popcorn pops.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Between the successes of both the mens' and womens' teams it's really starting to feel like 1999-2000 again. What a magical basketball season that was.