Womens Basketball Shorts

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
A little off topic but I never understood why volleyball players wear those skin-tight, short-shorts. I'm not complaining, just curious why they would need something different than basketball.
It gets really hot in those gyms in August/September. Nothing more than that really.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Still hard to beat the uniforms the Australian Opals used to wear. I thought they were sharp looking. Would make great volleyball uni's to.

espnw_uniwatch_aus_bball_576.jpg

Katrina+Hibbert+Opals+World+Challenge+Australia+7MB73Axmfiel.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
If we continue to play the way we have this year, I don't care if they decide to bring back the Arkansas Razorback's "capris" (of the late 1990s-2000s). As a previous post stated: "Just win, baby."

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I guess for me, I don't care much about the uniforms, but when you see the girls constantly fussing with them because they are uncomfortable, clearly there is an issue. I remember Niz constantly rolling hers up on her thighs, others rolling their waistbands up, etc. The uniforms shouldn't be a hindrance to the players. Several of them are tucking them into the bottom of their compression shorts, and it isn't professional looking.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
I think VB likes tighter clothing (jerseys are usually snug also) so their hands and arms don't get caught in them while moving around. They are jumping and swinging their arms enough and also needing lateral movement more that they could have more problems with looser clothes.

The main reason for the tighter jerseys is to keep them from contacting the net, creating a foul.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
OP apparently. Yet another thing in a long list that he likes to ***** about in which nobody else cares.

Where did I ***** about them? Second people are actually commenting on it so that means someone else did care. Third you complain more on this site than anyone in the history of this site so stfu and if u don’t want to read or comment on something, move on.

• Winner
Reactions: geewago

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Where did I ***** about them? Second people are actually commenting on it so that means someone else did care. Third you complain more on this site than anyone in the history of this site so stfu and if u don’t want to read or comment on something, move on.

This is sooooo surprising! I never would have guessed that young men would comment about women in tiny shorts! Or yoga pants. Wow, this is mind blowing stuff.

obvious jimlad stuff here

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
These ******* kids with their rolled up shorts or their tucked in shorts or their tights underneath disrespecting the Fab 5 every day and it’s ********.

Baggy shorts/black socks, that should be the rules.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I guess for me, I don't care much about the uniforms, but when you see the girls constantly fussing with them because they are uncomfortable, clearly there is an issue. I remember Niz constantly rolling hers up on her thighs, others rolling their waistbands up, etc. The uniforms shouldn't be a hindrance to the players. Several of them are tucking them into the bottom of their compression shorts, and it isn't professional looking.
Whew. Want to make sure we stay undoubtedly amateur

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm actually amazed with the amount of money being thrown around in college sports they aren't tailoring uniforms to the player's liking. With Haliburton, I'm amazed he has to roll them up like some kid wearing his older brother' s hand-me-downs. I'd figure Nike would just offer a higher cut and lower cut option.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm actually amazed with the amount of money being thrown around in college sports they aren't tailoring uniforms to the player's liking. With Haliburton, I'm amazed he has to roll them up like some kid wearing his older brother' s hand-me-downs. I'd figure Nike would just offer a higher cut and lower cut option.

Some players do that kind of thing intentionally. It usually starts out as a kid their uniform would be slightly too big for them so they had to roll it in places and eventually it turns into a habit or a superstition that they continue to do it even in an environment where uniforms can be tailored - so they’re tailored with that in mind.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Let's just go back to the nut-huggers and camel-toe shorts again. Thinking they are probably coming back into style again.

upload_2019-3-11_15-9-24.png

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
In a non-creepy way I like the shorter shorts that is starting to be more popular with the women - the baggy look on the women's players always looked funny to me, like they were wearing their dad's or older brother's uniforms.

I prefer a semi-loose short that sits just above my knee-cap when I play basketball. Anything below the knee-cap or tight in the thigh feels restricting.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Haliburton should at least cut the tag off.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron